Acne Treatment for All Stages of Acneby jiva ayurveda Jivaayurveda
Acne is basically a skin condition which is usually caused because of the excess production of oil from the sebaceous glands that leads to the blockage of hair follicles. This is one of the most common problems that is faced by the adolescents, and hence it is also known as Yauvanpidika in Ayurveda; yauvan means ‘adolescence’ where as pidika means ‘pustules or papules’. It has been seen that Acne usually affects the face, back and shoulders as well as the areas that are densely populated with sebaceous glands. Acne presents itself either as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples or nodules.
The primary cause of acne is the impairment of all the three doshas, mainly the pitta dosha, which further vitiates the blood and fat tissues. The vitiated doshas then produce toxins that end up blocking the energy channels of our face which leads to the pimple formation. But it is also a fact that sometimes the condition of an acne can also be aggravated by consuming excessive oily, spicy, salty and sour food.
Ayurveda usually has a simple and singular approach to all the stages of acne as the problem is caused due to the imbalance of all the three doshas — vata, pitta and kapha. But, the main cause is the aggravation of the pitta dosha. Pitta dosha usually manifests in the skin and ends up causing accumulation of heating toxins. These heating toxins then accumulate in the deeper tissues like the nutrient plasma, blood, muscles and lymphatic. Hence, these heat toxins cause a contamination to the deeper tissues, which leads to the condition of Yauvanpidika. As we now know that acne is basically deep-rooted, thus the use of local creams, antibiotics and lotions would only maskthe symptoms. So, there are some specific Ayurvedic remedies that are advised for the cure. The remedies include right diet, lifestyle and some specialized herbal combinations to tackle the disease from its root cause.
Some diet and lifestyle treatment that are advised are:
- You must certainly avoid spicy, oily and sour foods.
- Always eat fresh, unprocessed food.
- You must try to increase the use of herbs that will have cooling effects on the body such as fennel, coriander seeds, amla and aloe vera.
- You must also increase the intake of water to about 8-10 glasses per day.
- You must also start washing your face frequently with mild herbal soaps.
- You must also try to avoid irritant cosmetics.
- And most importantly remember not to squeeze the acne lesions.
Some home remedies that you can try as acne treatment are:
- You can easily prepare a powdered mixture by taking equal parts of coriander seeds, fennel, basil, turmeric and Indian gooseberry or amla. Now you can take ½ teaspoon of this powder 15 minutes before lunch and dinner everyday to get the desired results.
- You can have 1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit or amla in the morning and evening along with water.
- You can also take one teaspoon of coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric. Drink this juice twice daily for the results.
These remedies have always been very beneficial to solve all stages of acne problem.
Created on Dec 11th 2017 01:06. Viewed 469 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.