Why is AOL Desktop Gold Not Working or Respondingby Ashly Wilson Social Media Professionals
AOL Desktop Gold is a premium software for paid subscribers. It is an all-in-one platform that allows users to send and receive emails, update contacts, browse the web, and a lot more. Despite being a premium offering, sometimes, users face issues such as AOL Gold not working. In this blog, we will discuss the reasons behind this issue and how to fix it.
Major Reasons behind AOL Gold Not Working Problem
● At times, the antivirus or security software may prevent the AOL Desktop Gold app from running in Windows devices.
● If the system files are corrupted or the Windows Registry files are broken, then you may encounter such issues.
● Sometimes, operating system incompatibility and outdated apps could also cause the AOL Gold app to not respond.
How to Fix AOL Gold Not Responding on Windows
You can fix the AOL Desktop Gold app unresponsive problem in a few steps.
End the applications running in the background
- Hit the Control, Shift, and Escape keys together.
- Wait for the Task Manager to open on the screen.
- Find the Windows Desktop Manager process by scrolling the list.
- Right-click on it.
- From the context menu, select End Task.
- Wait for a while and then the active task will end. Now you can see the status of the CPU usage.
Use the System File Checker
- Get started by hitting the Win key or else click on the Start button.
- When the start menu appears, enter CMD in the search bar and open the Command Prompt.
- After that, click on Run as Admin when the prompt comes.
- Now you need to sign in as the Admin. Make sure that you type the right credentials.
- In the following screen, you need to type sfc/scannow and then hit the enter button.
- Once the program begins to run, it shall locate the corrupted system files and perform the repairs.
Hopefully, this will fix AOL Gold not responding issue.
Upgrade the Software
- Open the Start menu.
- Enter Services in the search bar.
- Launch the Windows Update screen.
- In the Startup type menu, select the Automatic option.
- Click on the Apply button for saving the changes.
- Hit the OK button for closing the active screen.
- After that, launch the Device Manager.
- Here you need to select a different category.
- Expand the menu and select the device.
- Click on the Update Driver option from the menu.
- Allow the updates to get installed.
- Restart your device.
Re-register the App
- Input Powershell in the search bar and then select the first option from the list of results.
- Right-click on Powershell.
- From the list of options, select Run as Admin.
- Enter your device password for authentication purpose.
- Now, you need to run the command.
- After that, reboot your computer.
- Try opening the AOL Desktop Gold app and see if it is responding or not.
Change the Windows Registry Settings
- Hit the Win key.
- In the search bar, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Wait for the Windows Registry Editor to open.
- In the following screen, go to the File tab at the top.
- Click on the Export option.
- In the Export range section, select All.
- Add or select the file name.
- After that, click on Save.
Scan for Viruses
- First, you need to get started by downloading and installing a robust and efficient antivirus software.
- After that, click twice on the antivirus software to open it.
- Once it opens, find the Scan option and click on it.
- In the following screen, you will get various options.
- Click on the Complete or Full scan option.
- Now, the scan procedure will begin.
- The software will detect any corrupted files and folders.
- Wait for the scan to complete.
- After that, remove the identified viruses, files, and folders that are corrupted.
Remove and Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Click on the start button.
- From the menu, select Control Panel.
- Scroll the page and click on Programs and Features.
- When the window opens, locate the AOL Desktop Gold program.
- Right-click on it.
- From the context menu, select the Uninstall option.
- When the confirmation screen appears, click on the Yes button.
- Once the removal is complete, go to the AOL website.
- Install the AOL Desktop Gold software again on your system.
How to Fix AOL Gold Not Responding on Mac
If you are facing issues concerning the AOL Desktop Gold not Problem on your Mac, then follow these steps:
Force Quit AOL Desktop Gold
Are you facing AOL Gold not working issue right in the middle of work? Does your app start hanging after a few minutes? Well, if this is happening, then perhaps there is less available RAM space. Or else, certain programs may be using up a major chunk of CPU resources.
If other apps are working fine, but AOL Gold is not responding, then it could also be due to a bug. You can try quitting the apps that are running on the computer to free up CPU resources. Also, try quitting the AOL Gold app. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to bring the app to the foreground.
- Make sure that the name of the app is visible in the menu bar.
- After that, click on the Quit option from the menu.
- Or else, press the command and Q key at the same time.
App is Stuck
If your AOL Gold app is unresponsive and has gotten stuck, then you will need to force quit it. Here are the steps to help you do that:
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Click on the Force Quit button.
- Or else, press the following keyboard shortcut: Option + Command + Escape.
- Choose the AOL Gold app.
- Click on the Force Quit button.
- In case the app is still running even after you have force quit it, then repeat the steps to close it.
Restart the device
This simplistic process is capable of resolving basic app-related issues, especially AOL Gold not responding error. Here is how you can restart your Mac device:
- Click on the Apple Menu.
- Click on the Restart option.
- When the confirmation prompt comes on the screen, select the Restart option.
- The OS shall now quit all the background applications and processes. This will eliminate RAM leak, make more space, and free up the CPU.
- In case you are unable to open the Apple Menu or your device is stuck, then long-press the Control and Command keys, and hit the power button at the same time. You can also long-press the power button for 10-15 seconds for rebooting your Mac.
Update the App
Is AOL Gold not working? The app may not be working properly because it is outdated. You need to download and install the available updates.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Click on Updates.
- After that, find the AOL Desktop Gold app.
- Click on the Update button.
Other Writeups or Related Blogs
Created on Dec 23rd 2019 00:46. Viewed 527 times.