What’s QuickBooks Error 15106 and How can You Fix it?by John Kartan Accounting And Bookkeeping
QuickBooks Error 15106 appears while updating QuickBooks to its latest release. The error message pops up on the screen “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “Error 15106: The update program is damaged.” It indicates something is preventing the QuickBooks update process from staring. The error might occur due to the antivirus application installed on the computer that blocks the update or if the user is not logged in as the administrator on the system.
Are you facing QuickBooks Error 15106? and need immediate help to resolve the problem. You can talk to the team of certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing the toll-free number (844-888-4666)
Possible Reasons you must be getting QuickBooks Desktop Error 15106
There are several reasons that can prompt errors while installing or downloading payroll updates. If we talk specifically about QuickBooks Desktop error 15106, then it can appear on your system because of the following reasons:
- If you are not properly connected to the internet due to which QuickBooks can’t download the payroll updates.
- Windows security can prevent users from installing updates if they do not have the required admin rights.
- Windows User Account Control settings can also block the installation of application and their updates if not configured properly.
Best Possible Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Error 15106
Given below are the solutions that helps you resolve the error:
Method 1. Log in QuickBooks Desktop application as an Administrator
If you’re logged in as another user, follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Select the Run as Administrator option.
- The software will open with admin rights.
If it didn’t fixed the issue, try the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2. Turn Off UAC from Windows Settings
- Open run command box by pressing Windows and R keys together.
- Search Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- Choose User Accounts (classic view)Click Change user account control settings.
(Click Yes, if prompted by UAC)
- Move the slider to Never Notify and click OK to turn off the UAC.
- Move the slider to Always Notify and click OK to turn the UAC on.
( Click Yes to continue, if prompted by UAC)
- Now, restart the system.
If you still get the error, then make sure you are well connected to the internet and can access websites without any issues.
Even after implementing all the solutions listed above you are getting QuickBooks error 15106 while installing QuickBooks payroll updates, then we suggest you dial 844-888-4666 and get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts for advanced troubleshooting help and guidance.
Created on Apr 27th 2021 14:03. Viewed 333 times.