How to easily fix the Quickbooks Error 15106?by Albert William Digital Marketer
QuickBooks Error 15106 occurs while one tries to download QuickBooks Desktop updates. An error message shows up that displays. “The update program cannot be opened”. You can contact QuickBooks customer support for troubleshooting this error or continue to read the instructions.
For resolving this error you need to follow the mentioned below steps:
• If you are not logged as Admin, then you need to switch accounts and log in again as Administrator. Doing so can resolve the issue. If the error persists, then move to the next method for troubleshooting this issue.
• If you suspect the error is due to Spy Sweeper, then you can launch the Windows Task Manager via pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together. Further, click on the ‘Processes’ tab and search for ‘Spy Sweeper.exe. Continue with the steps below.
- If you detect this in the processing tab, remove and uninstall it by accessing the ‘Add/Remove programs’ in the Windows. Doing this can resolve your issue.
- If you are unable to locate the Spy Sweeper in the computer, then open drive C and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooksxx\Components. Further, you can reset the QuickBooks update after renaming the title downloadqb < nn> folder as downloadqb< nn >.old. This can fix the issue for most users.
- If it fails to resolve the issue then go to Selective Startup and do a clean installation of QuickBooks.
If you have QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription or you’re downloading QuickBooks Desktop updates, then you may get the error code 15106 with these messages:
• The update program can’t be opened.
• The update program is damaged.
If you see an error message of 15106 then try the following.
• Launch Reboot.bat.
• Start the desktop again. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
• If you wish to install an update, choose Install Now.
• Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to the Help menu and Update the QuickBooks Desktop.
• Now navigate to the Update Now tab and Reset the updates check-box.
• Select Get Updates for downloading the updates.
• When the download finishes, close and launch again QuickBooks Desktop.
• On the Desktop Update Service window, choose Install Now.
This error mainly occurs when the installer is corrupted or is no longer available.
Follow the steps below to fix it yourself
• Close all the programs that are running.
• Open control panel from the start button.
• Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs.
• Choose the edition of QuickBooks you are updating, and click Change/Remove button.
• Click next and verify that Repair is selected after the repair is done, Open QuickBooks and click on Install Now. The update should finish error-less.
Get in touch with us In case you are facing issues with the QuickBooks errors then feel free to dial QuickBooks Support number for technical help. Our customer executives are trained professionals who can guide you with step by step instructions to fix the issues.
Created on Jul 22nd 2019 00:46. Viewed 386 times.