Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questionsby Rohit Verma executive
For decades, people have been removing their unwanted hair by waxing, plucking, epilating, or shaving methods. But with the advent of advanced laser technology, most people have changed their way of grooming. Laser hair removal has become their go-to method for stopping the growth of undesirable body or facial hair. Get smooth skin with DermaWorld Skin and Hair Clinics, Best Laser Hair Removal Clinic in Delhi.
With more individuals seeking laser hair removal, several questions come to their minds regarding this increasingly popular treatment. For the convenience of people who are considering opting for laser hair removal, here is a compiled list of frequently asked questions and their answers given by the laser skin expert in Delhi at DermaWorld Skin and Hair Clinics.
Why do people undergo laser hair removal?
Among most people, the presence of unwanted hair and ingrown hair after waxing or shaving on upper lips, hands, arms, legs, bikini area, back, and feet is a major source of cosmetic anguish. Many of them are tired of monthly hassles, pain, and expenditure related to traditional hair removal methods. In response to these troubles and social embarrassment, laser hair removal is always in demand.
How does laser hair removal work?
In the laser hair removal technique, the laser light emits an energy beam that gets absorbed by the melanin pigment of the hair. This light energy gets converted into heat which destroys the hair follicles, thereby delaying or inhibiting future hair growth and also the capability to regrow for a variable time duration. The treatment works only for hair that is in the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle (i.e. actively growing). Thus drastic hair reduction can only occur after about 5-6 sessions which are spaced out by 4-6 weeks, resulting in long-lasting smooth, soft skin.
Based on the type of laser used, patient skin type, and amount of hair removed the cost of laser in Delhi is determined. To know more about cost, consult the laser experts at DermaWorld Skin and Hair Clinics, best laser clinic in Delhi.
Is laser hair removal painful?
Most patients report a feeling of a rubber band snapping against the skin or a tingling sensation during the procedure, but it is tolerable and is of less intensity as compared to the pain of waxing. This sensation can be relieved by using a laser device equipped with a Chill Tip technology having a cooling effect. Moreover, the use of ice packs, cooling gel, or sprays can also soothe the skin, and make the procedure highly comfortable. In some cases, topical numbing creams may be applied.
Who is a suitable candidate for laser hair removal?
• Women who want to get rid of unwanted hair from legs, underarms, bikini lines, and hands. They must not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Men who wish to reshape their beards or remove hair from the neck, chest, and backs.
• Ideally, people with dark hair and light skin. This means it is intended for those who have melanin present in their hair. Nowadays, lasers can be adjusted according to skin and hair color, thereby making them effective for many skin types.
• People who are not suffering from any skin concerns.
How to prepare for laser hair removal?
• Avoid waxing and use of tweezers for six weeks before the first laser session. Shaving with a clean razor must be done one day before to easily locate the hair follicles.
• The person must avoid sun tanning in areas to be subjected to laser treatment.
• If the patient is prone to be nervous during laser hair removal, caffeine intake must be avoided 24 hours before the session.
• Few days before the treatment, the candidate must avoid the intake of certain medications like blood thinners, NSAIDs, and pain relievers.
• On the day of laser treatment, no sunscreen, lotions, moisturizers, or makeups must be applied to the area being treated.
Is there any downtime of laser hair removal?
The patient can immediately return to work or spend their daily routine soon after the laser hair removal procedure. Some might experience slight redness or swelling at the treated site which resolves soon.
When can a person see the results?
The results may likely be noticed immediately after the treatment but this trend may continue for about 21 days, as the hair falls out. The results may vary for every patient based on thickness and color of hair, an area being treated, skin color, and type of laser used.
What is the post-care to be followed?
• The patient must avoid unprotected sun exposure for at least 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Sunscreens of minimum SPF 30 and post-care ointments prescribed by skin experts must be daily applied.
To know more about full body laser hair removal cost in Delhi consult the laser treatment doctor at DermaWorld Skin and Hair Clinics.
Created on Jan 31st 2022 05:27. Viewed 336 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.