How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll error 15106?by Levin Smith Microsoft Certified Technician
Ended up in QuickBooks error 15106 and don’t know what to do? Well, in this post, we will be talking about the steps that can be performed to fix the issue along with the causes for the same. The QuickBooks error code 15106 is a payroll update error, which means something is stopping the software from updating all versions of QuickBooks desktop. The user gets an error message stating “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened” or “The update program is damaged”.
The user will get an error message that the user is unable to launch the updated program. If you are also facing QuickBooks error code 15106, then reading this post till the end would surely work. Or else the user can also contact our team professionals using 1-844-405-0906.
What Factors cause QuickBooks 15106?
The QuickBooks error code 15106 can be seen due to various factors, which includes:
· In case the user is not logged in as admin in the system, as the ability to read and write new files gets restricted without admin credentials.
· If the antivirus application installed in the system is blocking the update
· The spy sweeper is present in the Webroot antivirus software, then it takes QB update program as malware and it would lead to such an error.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 15106
The steps below can be used to fix the QuickBooks error 15106. The user can stop antivirus and rename the folders. Let us check out the steps:
· The very first step is to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the task manager
· After that, move to the processes tab and also look for the .exe file
· The next step is to select the end process option
· And then rename the QuickBooks update folder
o This can be done by pressing Windows + E keys and open the file explorer
o After that move to C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Comments
o And then, for 64 bit users, the user needs to move to C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components
· The next step is to, right click on the downloadqbXX folder and then click on the rename option. Also note that XX here depicts the version of QuickBooks
· Also, add .old to the end of the name
· The last step is to end the process by re-updating QuickBooks desktop
The steps above can help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 15106 successfully. However, if you have any queries or if the user is still unable to fix the issue, then contacting our QuickBooks premier technical support team at 1-844-405-0906 is suggested.
Created on Sep 13th 2021 02:39. Viewed 353 times.