How to Resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors by Deleting Damaged Filesby Justin Conner Accounting Helpline
QuickBooks Desktop encounters a number of errors during the installation that can be fixed by deleting the damaged files and folders. In this article, we will show you how you can rectify some common QuickBooks Desktop installation errors just by removing damaged or corrupt files and folders from Windows. Most of the installation errors arise when the QuickBooks file that contains the license number and product code is damaged. Follow the complete article for more detailed information.
Get QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors Fixed by QuickBooks Support Experts. Call QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number (844)-888-4666.
What Errors can be fixed by Deleting QuickBooks Entitlement File?
Some common errors that we can troubleshoot by deleting the QB entitlement file are mentioned below:
- The option to Sync License Data Online is not working.
- QuickBooks error message “You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered”.
- “You must subscribe to accountant's copy file transfer service” error message in the Accountant version of QuickBooks.
- Reconfiguration error in QuickBooks.
- “The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating” error message while activating QuickBooks subscription.
- “QuickBooks Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties” error message.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Installation Errors
Troubleshooting Step 1: Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop application and make sure that none of the QuickBooks processes is running in the background of the computer.
- Press Control + Shift + Escape key on your keyboard together to open Windows Task Manager.
- Under the Processes, tab look for all the processes that start with QBW32, right click each process, and select End Task.
- Click Yes for the confirmation and close Task Manager.
- Now open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\.
- Click the folder V6 or V8 that you get inside the Client folder.
- Right click EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
- Click Yes for the confirmation.
- Now open QuickBooks again and re-register it to open the company file.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Re-Register QuickBooks Point of Sale
QuickBooks Point of Sale uses EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to operate and once we delete the file the application might not work, so we need to re-register the application to fix the issue. Follow the steps below to re-register QB POS.
- Once you open the QuickBooks POS, it will ask you to enter the last 4 digits of your business phone number and the Zip code so enter the required information.
- If you have registered the product by ordering it over the call, then it will ask you to enter the verification code so enter the code by calling the support number displayed on the screen and click Next.
In case if you are unable to register the product or if you are facing some other errors while deleting the entitlement file then you can always get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666. Our support team is always ready to assist users with installation errors and is available round the clock for uninterrupted support.
Created on Feb 8th 2019 15:27. Viewed 184 times.