How to lock a lost device with the help of Microsoft?by Pammy Grace Microsoft Support 1-844-6513-666
We cannot deny the chance when our devices such as laptops or tablets are vulnerable to get lost or stolen and it is not only the loss of money but also of the private files and critical information as we keep our important stuff saved in these platforms. Whether the bank card details or the personal photos, anything can be misused. Microsoft Support Service provides a solution for such circumstances by allowing us the facility to find and lock a windows device with the help of the Microsoft account. The feature “Find my device” enables you to locate and erase your device to protect the critical information.
- Visit “account.microsoft.com/devices." Sign in with the same account with which you have logged in to the lost device.
- Select the option Find My Device and choose it from the list
- This will display a map with a highlighted location when your device was “last seen”
- After this, Microsoft will automatically scan for the location and find the recent location of your device.
- Go the option of Lock once you have located it on the map.
- Click on Next and type a lock screen message for the one who might find it.
- Nobody would be able to open the device until he/she is an admin of the account on that device.
- You should reset the password after locking the device
- Click on the option to Reset Password
Ask Microsoft for further help
This will display some on-screen instructions, you will need to follow them in order to reset the password for additional security. Following these steps, you will be able to locate and lock your phone and prevent yourself from cyber threats. These steps would work for the windows device in which you have logged in as an administrator. You must know that Microsoft provides help for such technical issues, you just need to Contact Microsoft Customer Support 1-855-254-6999 and request for further help in the case, you had turned on the location while you lost your phone, tablet or Smartphone but still you are not able to access.
Original Source: How to lock a lost device with the help of Microsoft
Created on Sep 25th 2018 00:36. Viewed 242 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.