Here’s All You Need to Know about the Domain of Architectureby Rambir Singh Digital Marketing Expert
The last decade had witnessed tremendous developments in the field of architectural planning and designing, and currently it is one of the most lucrative employment avenues. Architecture professionals are always in demand in today’s time, because of the increasing demand of residential, commercial, and institutional buildings across the globe. And, owing to the ever increasing demand for good architects in the country and abroad, students are keen on seeking admission in the top architecture colleges in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and other large cities in order to pursue a comprehensive course in this field.
Important skills for an architect
Here are some of the skills required to be a good architect:
ü Good mathematical ability
ü Scientific bent of mind
ü Awareness on current social and environmental issues
ü Keen observation
ü Flexibility and patience
ü Responsibility and accountability
ü Supervisory skills
ü Ability to understand complicated legal language related to the construction industry
In addition to the aforementioned points, having the ability to sketch would be incredibly beneficial to people aiming to explore career avenues in architecture. Aspiring architects can even seek admission into any of the top architecture colleges in Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, and other metro cities, to hone their skills and acquire the knowledge vital to this domain. The eligibility criteria for a typical bachelor’s course in architecture in these colleges usually are:
ü The candidate should have qualified the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or similar programs.
ü The candidate should have qualified any of the courses mentioned below with the relevant minimum marks :
· 10+2 or equivalent examination that is recognized by the Central or State Government with 50% marks in aggregate. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject of the final examination.
· 10+3 Diploma (any stream) that is recognized by the Central or State Government with 50% marks in aggregate. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject of the final examination.
· Passed or appearing for International Baccalaureate Diploma. Mathematics should be a compulsory subject of the final examination.
Employment opportunities in Architecture
Subsequent to completing a comprehensive course in architecture students can easily explore employment opportunities in:
ü Architecture design firms
ü Architecture and Engineering service firms
ü Central Public Works Department
ü Cooperative Societies
ü Entrepreneurial ventures
ü Government - Urban Development Departments
ü National Building Organization
Typical career progression of an Architect
· After graduation, budding architects typically start off with an apprenticeship with any renowned architectural firm or agency. In their apprenticeship period, they usually work on small assignments, and get to learn about diverse technicalities involved in designing from senior architects.
· Subsequent to the apprenticeship period, freshers ideally get the opportunity to handle and manage small and medium scale projects, and even make architectural plans on their own. Their experience as an architectural apprentice helps them to understand the professional environment and even assists them to develop an ability to work independently.
· Experienced and senior architects usually work on large projects that involve significant investments. They may even have a team of junior architects and architectural assistants. These professionals may work as consulting managers and deal with major technical issues, legal decisions, costing, etc.
To establish one’s career as an architect, people can easily seek admission into any of the top architecture colleges in Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and other large cities where they can also get a range of job opportunities in the domain.
Created on Nov 5th 2018 01:04. Viewed 365 times.