Gmail not working in Chrome. Fix your error | Cuesinfoby Ella A. Digital Marketer
Google Chrome is preferred browser for many users as it provides best speed and features that are user friendly. But sometimes the user faces issues like Gmail not working in Chrome. There could be various reasons for this problem which could be fixed easily.
How to fix Gmail not working in Chrome?
Open Gmail in Private window:
follow these steps to open Gmail in private mode:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on more icon from the top-right area of the browser.
- Select new Incognito window.
- You will be able to see the Incognito icon at the top corner of the window.
- You can also press Ctrl+Shift+N on your keyboard to open incognito mode.
Clear cache and cookies
browser is overloaded with cookies and cache, it stops Gmail from loading in
Chrome. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click on more icon from the top-right corner of the browser window.
3. Click on more tools and click Clear browsing data.
4. From the top, select time range. In case, you want to delete everything, select All time.
5. Mark the boxes beside “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”.
6. Now click on Clear data.
Disable browser extensions
The extensions or add-ons on the browser stops Gmail from loading in Chrome. Disable the extensions one by one and check the issue is resolved or not.
Disable Gmail labs
labs one by one using these steps:
1. Go to Gmail.
2. Click on settings.
3. Go to labs tab.
4. Disable the labs one by one.
5. Click on save changes at the bottom of the page.
Chrome also fixes the issue of Gmail not working in Chrome. Reset Chrome using
1. Go to Chrome.
2. Click on more icon.
3. Go to settings.
4. Click on advanced.
5. From reset and clean up section, click on reset.
6. Click the reset settings icon to confirm.
Your search engine will be back to Google again after this process. All the things will go back to the default settings like the content settings, site data, cookies, and extensions.
also try this simple fix before trying above methods:
1. Restart your computer.
2. Switch to another browser.
3. Remove Google Chrome in cache.
4. Restart your browser after disabling all the extensions.
5. Update your browser to the latest version. Check if there are any updates available, if you find any, update your browser.
Created on Aug 29th 2019 06:54. Viewed 555 times.