Fix QuickBooks Error 176109 (Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number)by Steve M. QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor
QuickBooks point of sale error 176109 basically indicates invalid product code or product number. This error means that the key authentication file is missing or corrupted. The user might stumble upon this error while trying to open the QuickBooks point of sale. Itis important for the user to provide enough permissions to QuickBooks in order to avoid any kind of interruption in reading and writing files. In case the admin permissions are not provided or granted, then these types of error might appear on the screen.
In today's post, we are going to discuss about the process to tackle the QuickBooks error 176109 and also the factors causing this error. So, make sure to read the sports till the end. Moreover, you can also get in touch with our QuickBookserror support team for any further assistance.
Factors leading to QuickBooks error 176109
· The very first cause can be when the contents of point of sale entitlement folder are missing
· Also, if the product number or product code is used for installing the QuickBooks point sale is incorrect
· The user can also face this issue, if system is not having the permission to access files
Steps to fix the QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109
Follow the below given steps in order to troubleshoot
Step 1: Delete the contents of the entitlement client folder
The user can remove the contents of the entitlement client folder and resolve the issue. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
· The user is required to remove the contents of the entitlement client folder
· The user can opt for the automatic deletion process
· Download the clean entitlement file tool
· And then, unzip the file to the desktop
· The last step is to re-launch the QuickBooks point of sale and then complete the registration.
Step 2: Rename the WSActivity file
· At first, You need to press the Windows key + E keys to open Windows Explorer
· After that go to theC:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
· Next, hit a rightclick on WSActivity and then choose theRename option.
· After that enter “OLDWSActivity” command and then hit a click anywhere to Save option.
· Now close the window and then follow the above given steps to delete the contents of the entitlement client folder again.
· Finally open your QuickBooks point of sale one more time
This drives us to the end of this post, where we hope that the information that we have shared in above might be of some help in fixing the QuickBooks error 176109.
For more information, or for any technical assistance, feel free to call us at toll-free numberi.e. 1-800-969-7370 and let our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team handle the issue for you.
Created on Jun 3rd 2020 07:00. Viewed 269 times.