Difference between FSSAI Registration & FSSAI License

by Sam SEO Digital Marketing Specialist

All of the business activities associated with Food Business in India for example storage, manufacturing, transportation or supply of food items, need to apply and obtain a FSSAI registration or a FSSAI License. Occasionally people are confused about this since they don't know the distinction between FSSAI Registration and FSSAI License. This is clarified below.


Process for FSSAI Registration

Corpseed FSSAI Expert team will draft & document the application submit the application to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and certainly will follows-up with FSSAI Department. To learn more contact our customer support on 8448 444 985 or you can also visit our website


FSSAI Registration (Basic Registration)

FSSAI License / Registration is needed for all kind of Food Businesses that's known as petty food enterprise. Petty Food Company or small food operator are called an FBO who's a producer or sells any type of food as a petty merchant, hawker, itinerant seller or temporary stall holder. When an FBO starts foods business in India with the turnover doesn't exceed Rs 12 lakhs, has to register under FSSAI.  


FBOs in this class are needed to acquire a FSSAI registration by submitting an application for enrollment in Form A. FSSAI registration certificate includes the registration number along with a photograph of the applicant. FBO must exhibit this certificate in the area of the food industry in any way times while carrying on the food industry.


FSSAI License (State / Central License)

Any individual or business which cannot be categorized as a small food business operator must acquire a FSSAI permit for managing a food company in India. An applicant may apply to get FSSAI license that is of two kinds, State FSSAI License, and Central FSSAI License. Depending on the yearly turnover and attendance in a number of nations, FBOs will need to make an application for Central or State Permit. Any huge food industry that is fabricating, processing, transporting and importing food items need central FSSAI permit while medium-sized food makers and transporters require a State Permit. The cost and procedure of acquiring a FSSAI permit is much more complicated than procuring a FSSAI registration. FSSAI license program is created in Form B while for FSSAI Registration; the applicant must fill Form A.

Sponsor Ads

About Sam SEO Advanced   Digital Marketing Specialist

20 connections, 0 recommendations, 111 honor points.
Joined APSense since, March 16th, 2019, From New Delhi, India.

Created on Apr 3rd 2019 02:54. Viewed 724 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.