Consol Energy Announces $3.5M investment to Produce High-Value Products From Coalby Rudy P. SysAdmin at howtofindthemoney
Consol Energy Inc. has announced that it has made an initial investment in the coal-to-products space by acquiring a 25% equity interest in CFOAM Corp has manufacturing facilities in Triadelphia, West Virginia (USA).
CFOAM LLC manufactures high performance carbon foam products from coal and focuses on meeting demand for high-grade materials in the industrial, aerospace, military and commercial product markets.
Some of the major highlights of the transaction include:
- CEIX has invested US$3.5 million in return for a 25% equity ownership in CFOAM Corp.
- CEIX has also provided a US$1.1 million term loan to CFOAM LLC for working capital and invested another US$0.4 million to acquire a first lien note of CFOAM LLC from one of CFOAM LLC's first lien note holders.
- CFOAM Corp. has a four member board, comprised of two members appointed by CFOAM Limited and two members appointed by CEIX.
- CFOAM Corp. has also retained CEIX as an advisor to provide strategic, management, and operational advice.
- CFOAM Limited has also provided CEIX with certain pre-emptive and anti-dilution rights, including the first right to provide any future debt financing and the right to match certain offers for the sale of equity or assets of CFOAM Corp. and CFOAM LLC.
With the completion of this transaction, CONSOL Energy is now pursuing alternative uses of coal in the following different areas:
- The CFOAM Corp. investment which is geared towards high-performance engineering materials, which we estimate has an over US$15 billion TAM.
- CONSOL is also partnering on a DOE-funded project with Ohio University and other industry partners to develop coal plastic composites that are geared toward the engineered composite decking and other building products markets. Studies show that the global market for such plastic composite materials is expected to exceed US$8 billion by 2023.
- In addition, CONSOL has partnered with OMNIS Bailey LLC to develop a refinery that will convert waste coal slurry into two products: a high quality carbon product that can be used as fuel or as a feedstock for other higher value applications, and a mineral matter product that has potential to be used as a soil amendment in agricultural applications.
The 10 largest coal producers and exporters in Indonesia:
Source: World Coal
Created on Jan 9th 2020 19:52. Viewed 220 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.