Combine Harvester — How It Works, Types, Advantage of combineby FIELD KING Agriculture Machine, Farm Implements Machinery Man
What is a Combine Harvester?
In the Era of farm mechanization, combine harvester is a piece of farm implements that can harvest, winnow, and thresh rice, corn, wheat, sunflower, pulses, and other crops right out in the field in a single step. Combine perform harvesting operation in such a manner that It can save operation time as well as human effort, and bring down work costs for farmers. Overall these machines can increase farming output since the harvesting is carried out in a more efficient manner, and due to this, it makes farming more profitable.
Combine Harvester — How it Works?
The main feature of the combined machine is the removable header platform that has cutters to cut farming crops and a rolling reel to gather the cut crops into the auger. The header platform of the combine can be of a standard type or a specialized type. Different header platforms design used to harvest different types of crops.
Self-propelled Combine Harvesters
It is specially designed wheeled harvester machines that are excellent for farms with hard soil and are the standard types of harvester used in India.
Track Combine Harvesters
Track combine is fitted with tracks instead of a wheel, and they are very efficient in areas where wheels are likely to get bogged down. They are commonly used for harvesting rice from wetlands.
Tractor Mounted Combine Harvesters
This type of harvester used with tractors. These types of ideal for lands where the soil is loose and the farmed area is extensive.
Advantage of Combine Harvesters
- Combine performs multiple farming operations like reaping, threshing and winnowing in a single step
- Due to the quick harvesting process, The field can be available to use for the next crop within a short duration of time, due to this the probability of production becomes increase within the period.
- The quality of the farming product by combine is preserved because it is not damaged by natural and biological processes.
- Combine produce cleaner grain compared to the manual harvesting process, for which the market often is ready to pay a premium price.
- The time taken by Harvesting by combine is quite lesser than the manual process.
Created on Nov 7th 2019 00:53. Viewed 589 times.