Amazing Facts on SWR and PPR Pipesby Divya Khanna Marketing Consultant
For residential and agricultural use, the choice of piping
systems for water utilities is critical. The quality of water is frequently
harmed by leaks and corrosion in traditional piping systems. Today, we'll talk
about SWR and PPR fittings, as well as their advantages and uses.
This blog also offers information that you should be aware of while making a purchase.
What exactly are SWR pipes and PPR fittings?
Because they are lightweight, non-corrosive, and cost-effective, they are the optimum substitute for CI and GI piping systems. SWR pipe fittings are UV stabilized, making them extremely long-lasting. They are used for all of modern society's plumbing demands, have extremely high climatic resistance and smooth interior walls to aid anti-clogging.
PPR Pipes are intended to be the most sanitary way for transporting potable water. A PPR pipe is a cylindrical pipe that is straight and rigid. It has a poor thermal conductivity, which implies that heat cannot easily transfer from the outside environment to the liquid in the pipe and vice versa. In addition, as compared to older types of piping, the inner surface of the PPR pipe is exceedingly smooth and has a very low friction coefficient.
Different types of applications of SWR Pipes?
The SWR pipes, as their name suggests, are ideal for sewerage systems in both residential and commercial buildings. At the same time, these pipes are designed to withstand the elements and are suited for both internal and external drainage systems. Here are a few of their other applications:
Rainwater harvesting systems can also be used with these modern, smart, and cost-effective pipes to save water.
These pipes are useful for transporting toxic wastes, chemical bi-products, and heated residues out of industrial production premises since they are non-conductive, chemically inert, and non-flammable.
These pipes can be safely installed at any height for overflow and waste lines in food processing factories, dairy plants, and vent lines in drainage systems.
The Vectus SWR pipes and pipe fittings are designed to withstand harsh outside conditions, including those found in a mining hole, thanks to unique treatments applied during the compounding stage of production.
Pre-fabrication is a very practical alternative for all types of home and commercial sewerage and drainage projects due to the strength and hardiness of these pipes, as well as their flexibility.
Different types of SWR Pipes
There are mainly two types of SWR pipes:
- Type A: It comes in blue color. Type A is primarily used for venting and discharging rainwater.
- Type B: It comes in white color and is primarily used for soil and waste discharge. Type B pipes are thicker than Type A pipes.
Characteristics of SWR Pipes
● Lightweight: Easy to transport and handle, making it convenient and cost-effective. The advantages of lightness, flexibility and prefabrication combined result in significant time and cost savings.
● Chemical Resistance: These pipes and fittings are resistant to a wide range of chemicals, making them perfect for use.
● Rodent Repellent: A special treatment used during the compounding process ensures that the product is resistant to rodent attacks.
● High Flow Rate: The smooth inside surface allows for excellent flow qualities that remain constant throughout its life.
● Non-Flammable: it does not support combustion
● Non-conducting: Protects against galvanic and electrolytic attacks.
● Weather Resistant: Specially formulated UV stabilized material provides excellent outdoor weathering performance.
● Corrosion Resistant: The material does not corrode when exposed to water regularly.
● Superiority in terms of aesthetics when compared to traditional CI and AC systems.
● Inspection and maintenance expenditures are reduced due to trouble-free operation.
Facts of SWR pipes for proper fitting
Here are some facts related to SWR Pipes
● Before tightening, double-check that the rubber is in the right spot.
● Avoid vertical SWR pipe stack misalignment and pipe clip spacing errors.
● Since horizontal installation of rubber ring type joints necessitates suitable supports and alignment, pasted type joints should be used.
● Pipes should be cut straight rather than diagonally, as this might lead to leaks.
● Where there is a combination of Soil and Waste lines, all access to main stacks should be covered with a water seal trap.
● Maintain 10mm spacing between all pipes and fittings to allow for thermal expansion and contraction of pipes and extend the system's life.
● To test the lines, avoid using a smoke test and instead utilize a test socket plug.
● To avoid any inadvertent damages, horizontal lines within bathrooms should be cement encased and inspected before compacting.
Top SWR Fittings Manufacturers in India
- Jain pipes and fittings
- Prince pipes and Fittings Pvt Ltd
- Supreme Industries
- Ashirvad Pipes Pvt. Ltd
Created on Nov 26th 2021 02:23. Viewed 177 times.