The Impact and Role of Social Media in the World of Digital Marketingby Divya Khanna Marketing Consultant
The word Digital Marketing is an umbrella concept that covers several services, including Social Media Marketing. Social media platforms have a large user base accounting for over 50% of the global population. Moreover, the Social Media user base is stated to grow by at least 13% percent annually. Therefore, it can be rightfully said that social media has integrated itself into our life firmly. Social Media Marketing involves the management of the brand website and other Social Media platforms.
Social Media Marketing makes your brand more accessible and increases your brand exposure.
How Does Social Media Marketing Affect Your Brand?
● Brand Awareness: When your brand’s online presence is managed properly, the online audience will be aware of it. Social Media Marketing also projects the correct image of your brand as it can rectify all misunderstandings caused by hearsay and word of mouth.
● Content Creation: Content creation is not just a task that requires skill but also time. Websites that put out content such as blogs or videos are more likely to gain a higher click rate.
● Create a Positive Brand Image: It is not just enough to raise awareness of your brand. Your brand needs to project a positive image that appeals to the audience and converts them into brand consumers.
● Promotion: Whenever you launch a new product, it is essential to promote it and make the audience aware. Creating engaging and unique promotional content can raise the curiosity of the audience and increase your website traffic.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing:
● Increase Brand Awareness among Global Audience: Social Media has an advantage over traditional offline marketing techniques as Social Media is not localised and is not limited to the local audience. Therefore, social media has a global reach, which is advantageous for you. Moreover, it is much easier for the present-day consumer to check a website on their smartphone whenever they want than going through a hard copy of a magazine or newspaper.
● Website Traffic: The primary reason your website has low inbound traffic is low visibility on search engines. The first page of any search engine gains the highest website traffic as they are prominent and the most relatable to the search. Social Media can optimise your website and other Social Media platforms to improve their visibility on search engines. Once your website and Social Media platforms are prominently visible on a search, it will increase the website traffic.
● Consumer Feedback: It is common to use consumer feedback to understand their response to a specific product and your brand. However, collecting feedback from consumers through offline methods can be time-consuming and costly. Collecting online feedback is a viable option to interact with consumers actively and understand their consumer behaviour. Often product drawbacks unnoticed by you might be reported by consumers on your website. Receiving feedback makes you aware of it instantly and allows you to improve the product.
● Cost-Effective: Almost all expenses in social marketing involve the Social Media Agency only. However, the mediums through which Social media marketing is done, social media platforms, cost nothing at all. This is also the reason why Social media platforms have such a large user base. Therefore, Social media marketing is a cheaper alternative to traditional marketing and has a greater outreach.
● Customised Marketing Plans: Social Media Marketing is very dynamic. Social Media Marketing allows you to choose customised services that benefit your brand. Leading agencies like Sociowash evaluate your brand requirements and create a customised plan that will yield results for a long time. Moreover, you can choose to add or remove services if your requirements change.
Created on Oct 12th 2021 02:59. Viewed 312 times.