7 Valuable Pieces of Advice to Relocate Safely During the Covid Epidemicby Ram Sewak Transportation
The world almost came to a standstill when the Covid outbreak came all its way to engulf the entire planet. Everybody was anxious and in pain seeing the surmounting danger! Going out of homes was put to a halt and only the essential services were active. A year passed but the scenario remains the same, rather it has gotten worse. But for people, who had to somehow keep up with their life’s routine as they did before, took whatever came their way, head over - whether it was a house move or setting up a new business. In case you are also someone sailing through the same boat and have a move planned in the coming few weeks, do not forget to book your movers ahead of time. There are experts from Agarwal Packers, you can hire and enjoy a comfortable move even during these testing times.
• Introspect a little more about moving – Though you have already taken up the daring task of relocating during the pandemic times, if possible, you can attempt to postpone the date of your journey – for the time being since the cases are rising at an alarming rate. Just stay tuned to the number of cases and try to make it when things get a bit better. Containment zones and hotspots are mushrooming in the locality, so make sure the location you are moving to does not fall under the danger zone, else you could be at risk.
• About booking the moving professionals – When you are relocating during the pandemic, you have to be extra cautious about the moving team you choose to hire. The moving company should adhere to the Covid 19 protocol and seek all the necessary measures to keep the risks away. You should inquire about everything related to that, before finalizing a moving deal. Frequent sanitization, temperature check, and use of face shields face masks, and sanitizers are a must. Depending on your moving requirements, you can alter the labor strength because social distancing should be thoroughly maintained throughout the packing task. So, it is better to be vigilant and do what is needed.
• Opt for a virtual survey of goods facility – Times are tough so the more you keep away from foreign people, the better. Meetings and gatherings are not recommended during this hour, and the degree of risk intensifies when you have moving experts coming over because they encounter several people, go several places, and are highly exposed to get affected by the infection. So, try to opt for a virtual survey of your goods where the specialists would inspect your possessions online and provide you with the moving estimate. This would reinstate the social distancing protocol even more and the team would come over only for the packing task.
• Keep good distance and go paperless – You will be required to take care of a lot of formalities before the move, and there would also be close contacts with people – especially the movers – from Agarwal Packers and Movers. But, bear in mind to keep at least 6-feet distance and avoid shaking hands. Limit your contacts with them because they will be there on your premises for at least a good 5-7 hours for the packing job and there could be a potential risk of the virus reaching out to you a bit more deeply. Also, try to avoid the extensive documentation protocol. Follow the virtual way of handling papers.
• Do not forget to keep a check on packing – Amidst all the packing and moving preparations, make sure you keep an eye on the packing task. Do not forget to wear your mask and gloves when you have the moving experts on board. Also, see if they are also shielding themselves well and wearing PPE kits, and masking properly. Do not intervene while they are packing your belongings, but make sure you look after the cartons and boxes when they are done with their packing. Every carton should be sealed well and secured with heavy-duty packing tape. Labeling should also be intact.
• Disinfect the new place before moving in – When you are sure that the safety measures are ideally being taken care of, try to prepare your new home too, for the move and get it cleaned thoroughly. You can book cleaning specialists online and you will find them at your new address as per the specified time. You can even do the cleaning by yourself, but after such a long, exhausting journey, you might not be in a mood to start with the dusting and washing all over again, without taking a break. Disinfecting the new place is very important; primarily the times are like this. Even after the specialists have left and the movers too have gone, make sure you sanitize every carton before you unpack and put the things back in place.
• Know how to reorganize everything – Since you have thought of unpacking and re-arranging your new home all by yourself, and did not request the movers for the same, you can proceed with the task as per your convenience. But, one thing to bear in mind is that you should do the sanitization of the cartons and boxes right away because the novel coronavirus can survive on surfaces for as long as two to three days which means the chances of getting infected is still there, even after ample time has passed. So, just make sure to spray a disinfectant over the packages, use a waste cloth to wipe the surfaces of the cartons before you cut out the seal and unpack. All of this might appear extremely annoying post a long move, but always keep in mind that ‘prevention is better than cure.’
Relocations are downright challenging! And people like you who are moving during the pandemic can encounter several challenges. With so many impending questions and concerns, one might need some valuable guidance for moving alright during these daunting hours. So, make sure to book the moving experts from Agarwal Movers and Packers and check out the ideas discussed above to dive over the situation favorably!
Created on Jun 25th 2021 06:11. Viewed 73 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.