What to Look for Before Buying an E-Bicycle?by Divya Khanna Marketing Consultant
Electric bikes and regular bicycles have a lot in common. They both have two wheels, gears, and pedals, allowing you to go around without having to start a car. The motor is the difference between the two. Riders have additional possibilities with electric bikes since these bikes have a motor. However, you can still pedal whenever you want and have the same sensation as a conventional bike.
Electric bikes are not like motorcycles or motorbikes, which run on pure power all of the time. While electric bikes with throttles allow you to cruise without pedaling at all, you always have the option of pedaling when you choose. As a result, you may incorporate exercise into your daily routine if you want to.
Why go for an E-bike?
There are a lot of advantages than you may think. Some of which include:
● Assisted riding: E-bikes offer a battery-powered "pedal-assist" feature. Technically, this mechanism is built inside the bike that helps you cycle faster. This can help your knees and thighs by reducing stress and impact. In addition, E-bikes with unique boosting technology can help you tackle slopes and inclines. With an E-bicycle, people of all ages and health may ride safely.
● Safety: We live in perilous times when pandemic has taken over everything. It is advised to avoid taking public transportation at this time. However, the alternative does not have to be an ICE car. You may take an e-bike home with you for a safe and enjoyable mobility experience.
● Convenient to use: Consider charging your e-bike the same way you would your phone. Simply plug it in for three hours at night, and you're ready to go the next day. It's not science fiction; it's the reality of today's detachable-battery e-cycles. An e-cycle is also ideal for everyone, whether adolescents or older people. Riding is enjoyable and straightforward for individuals of all ages. Plus, a driver's license isn't even required!
● Cutting on expenses: You will save money in the long term if you ride an E-bike instead of driving a car. In India, petrol and diesel are getting expensive day by day, and price spikes may significantly impact your budget. On the other hand, E-bikes have inexpensive batteries and a re-charging feature.
So, ready to buy an e-bike? Well, here are some quick tips you can consider before purchasing an e-bike for yourself!
● Consider your purpose: Electric bicycles are made for a variety of purposes. A step-through frame could be the ideal option if you want to be comfortable. A central motor system or a high torque hub motor may be best for hill climbing. However, if you're going to ride long distances, a battery with 400 watt-hours or more is recommended. Understanding your requirements can assist you in determining which characteristics are most important for your electric bike.
● Battery: Different types of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries are used in different e-bikes. The technology is the same as that utilized in electric automobiles. They charge quickly and have a little overall weight. The battery is usually linked to the down tube, readily accessible and removed.
● Weight of the e-bike: If you are a road rider who wants to ride in groups, you will probably want a lighter bike. The weight will affect the bike's performance and handling despite the additional motor assistance. E-bike technology has advanced significantly in recent years, and they are no longer as hefty as they once were.
● Overall Performance: Electric bikes are not toys; they are a mode of mobility. Regardless of the propulsion mechanism, the quality of the bicycle itself is essential, and it's much more critical if you want to ride it every day. While the quality of bicycle components can usually be judged by glancing at the parts list, motors and batteries might be more challenging. With appropriate maintenance, your bike should last between five and ten years at a minimum, and your battery should last between 600 and 800 complete charge cycles. When it comes time to replace the battery, your store should be prepared to have it repaired or repurposed rather than thrown away.
● Price: Checking the battery cycle price is also relevant because you get only what you pay for. E-bikes have become less expensive and are no longer considered luxury items. The cost will be determined by how much you anticipate using the bike and, of course, your budget.
Created on Jan 5th 2022 04:18. Viewed 232 times.