What Steps Should Parents and Schools Take to Manage Head Lice in Kidsby Georgia Lice Center Head Lice Removal Services in Cumming GA
Head lice is a condition that can affect your child, or if you are a school management then you can observe many children getting infested with lice time and again. While head lice is not dangerous, this condition certainly incites anxiety and irritation among affected kids.
Managing the head lice is of utmost importance as improper care or ignorance can lead this infestation to spread to other kids. Taking the affected kid to a head lice removal salon is necessary at that time, but apart from that there are several steps that parents and school needs to take and implement.
What Steps Should Parents Take?
Remember that for handling a kid’s lice infestation condition, both parents and school has to work in coordination to the get desired results.
- Make sure to conduct weekly checks to look for lice and any symptom related to that. Check other members also, as undetected head lice can transfer quickly from one person to another.
- As soon as you detect head lice in your child, make sure to implement treatment procedures as quickly as possible.
- Inform the school your child attends about this condition so that they can also take preventive measures and not let the lice transfer to other kids. Notify the procedures you have followed till now and discuss with a related person about the best steps to follow.
- If your kid has long hair, make sure to tie the hair back.
What Steps Should School Take?
Different schools follow different policies related to head lice. Related to that, there are some particular steps that the school management must take:
- The first and foremost step is to create a head lice policy that clearly mentions steps and measures the staff and management has to follow dealing with infested children. This policy must be conveyed to all the parents as well. Make sure the school has a training program to train teachers about managing infected children.
- If the child’s parents are still unknown to the issue, the school must inform them about their kid’s head lice condition.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained and clear steps must be implemented in the classroom, playground, related to activities the kid is engaged in, and more to courteously handle the kid and prevent the lice transfer.
- Head lice can affect any child and is not a damaging condition, so no should blame the parents and be rude to them. Maintain a sympathetic attitude towards the parents and offer practical advice to them.
- If the child has prolonged or chronic infestation and is not allowed to attend the school because of no-lice, no-nit policy of the school, then they and their parents must be provided with complete help, advice and support to reduce the number of days the kid remains absent from school.
Implementing these steps will certainly help in managing an infested child more efficiently and eliminate lice transmission chances. They must be taken to a professional head lice removal salon as soon as lice or symptoms related to that are noticed.
Created on Dec 17th 2018 06:30. Viewed 402 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.