What is QuickBooks error 6000 77? Here's What To Doby Will Wilmar Accountant
The QuickBooks error message code 6000 77 usually pops up on the screen when the user opens the company file on the QuickBooks desktop. The QuickBooks user may get the QuickBooks error message code 6000 77 due to damage or corruption in the company file. QuickBooks rebuild error 6000 77 appears on the screen with a message displaying, “Error codes: (-6000, 77), We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” This article will brief you on QuickBooks error code 6000 77, why it appears and troubleshooting for the same.
If you need technical assistance from experts to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77, then call us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430) and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Factors leading to Intuit QB error message code 6000 77
- The user is trying to open the QuickBooks company file using an incorrect path.
- The company file is located on the local drive.
- There might be some damage or corruption in the .ND and .TLG configuration files.
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
- The user does not have permission to access the company file.
Well, now you are aware of the reasons behind the QuickBooks rebuild error 6000- 77. Let’s proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below to fix the issue.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods to Rectify Intuit QB error message code 6000 77
Method 1. Try to use the UNC path instead of the mapped drive
- Locate the QuickBooks desktop icon and right-click on it.
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Release the Ctrl key when the No Company Open window appears.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company. After that, click Open a company file then Next.
- Hover over the left pane and select Network.
- Move to the company file’s location.
- Choose the company file and click Open
If you still get QuickBooks error message 6000 77, try the next method.
Method 2. Recreating damaged QuickBooks company file folder
- Move to your C: drive.
- Create a new folder.
- Access the folder containing the company file.
- Locate the company file with the .qbw extension.
- Right-click the .qbw file and select Copy.
- Open the new folder and Paste the file.
- Also, set permissions to share company file.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the file from the new location.
If the QuickBooks error message 6000 77still exists, proceed to the next method.
Method 3. Rename the configuration files
- Navigate to the folder containing the company file.
- Look for the files with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Right-click on the files and choose Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name and tap Enter.
If the QuickBooks rebuild error 6000- 77 continues to appear, try the next troubleshooting method.
Method 4. Use the File Doctor tool
- Close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to Downloads and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the prompt steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Double-click on the icon to open it.
- Inside the tool hub, choose Company File Issues.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- From the drop-down list, choose the company file.
- Mark the middle Check your File option.
- Click Continue and then Next.
- Enter the login details.
- Let the tool scan the file, it may take around 5 minutes.
That’s all about the QuickBooks error 6000 77. We hope the solutions mentioned in the article help you fix the issue. If the problem persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (1.800.579.9430).
Created on Jul 15th 2021 12:56. Viewed 202 times.