What is Ghee Shelf-life?by MilkioFoods Foods Grass Fed ghee from New zealand
Ghee shelf-life is all about the storage friendliness of ghee. As per dairy standard, a good-quality ghee stays intact for 12-18 months. Pure grass-fed cow ghee is considered to be the purest form of ghee which is prepared from organic grass-fed cow milk using the traditional ghee making method. It is completely free from chemical preservatives, colour, and flavour. Remember, not all ghee offer the same shelf-life.
Here are some tips to keep your ghee fresh for a longer time period -
1. If you want to preserve cow ghee longer than usual of its shelf life, you should place the ghee-storage container into a dry and dark shelf of your kitchen cabinet. Sunlight or glaring light may spoil the texture and aroma of grass-fed cow ghee.
2. You shouldn’t store ghee in any moist container. You should not use any damp spoon in the ghee container because the unsolicited entry of moisture turns cow ghee rancid.
3. Always preserve ghee in an air-tight glass container. Ghee gets spoiled if it comes to the direct contact of oxygen in the air and turns into its rancid stage.
4. Don’t pour your finger in the ghee in the bowl directly. Use a glass or metallic spoon to take ghee out. In this way you can increase ghee shelf-life.
5. If you want to store ghee for long, do not keep it in an open bowl. Ghee gets spoiled if it comes to the direct contact of oxygen in the air and turns into its rancid stage.
When you buy ghee always check if it is 100% grass-fed and also check for the organic certification. It is proven that ghee made in organic way is of better quality. Organic ghee is free from all kinds of adulteration and so the purest one. You can try Milkio ghee which is certified by AsureQuality and BioGro. Milkio Foods Ltd. in New Zealand produces organic grass-fed cow ghee from Milkio.
Created on Aug 1st 2020 06:54. Viewed 47 times.