What are Important Functionality Features of Construction Management Software?by Bhupendra Choudhary Business Head of Field Circle
The construction industry is on an increasing slope for a long time now, and the companies engaged in this industry are regularly in search to increase their business practices in different ways.
Construction companies of all sizes have always welcomed a digitalized solution in their work procedures, wherein the most popular one is a designing and implementation of a construction management software package.
If this solution is used properly, then it can automate and handle a series of tasks that might embrangle the crucial personnel resources, whose time and effort might be targeted towards some other facets of the construction business.
What is important is that the software package chosen should do what its advertisements state it will do; and that your organization representatives won't need consistent preparation or help with the activity of the framework itself.
The size and shape of a specific organization direct what size and shape, or level of functionality, is required to help streamline few business measures, methodologies, rehearsals, and other working elements. It requires cautious planning during the stage of construction scheduling software selection to guarantee the presence of fundamental usefulness for a specific plan of action.
Most construction organizations work in various comparable manners, at any rate to some level; subsequently legitimate and perceived construction software organizations promptly and sufficiently spread those shared factors.
Important Functionality Features of Construction Management Software
There are some day-to-day tasks which are common for all sizes and type of construction companies. The market has the presence of various construction mobile applications, wherein most of them already have the standards functionally features such as
- Job costing
- Payroll management
- Project estimation
- Project tracking
- Scheduling and planning, etc
Let's discuss some of these important features in detail so you get a good understanding of the features and functionalities that should be compulsory present in the software solution.
1. Controlled Access: This is a feature that is important for service managers and project managers. They can restrict or allow access to particular features of the software.
With this, the managers can control the level of access given to their field employees. In case of an urgent situation, this access can be increased to other features or revoked. Hence, controlled access is a very important feature of the software that can help enhance the productivity of your team along with providing them on-the-go information needed to solve the customer’s requests and issues.
2. Geotagging: Geotagging is the way toward adding topographical data to different media in the form of metadata. The information ordinarily comprises coordinates like latitude and longitude, however, it may even incorporate bearing, elevation, distance, and location names.
Geotagging is most normally used for photos and can assist individuals with getting a ton of explicit data about where the image was taken or the specific area of a companion who signed on to help. All the images uploaded in the construction management software are geotagged, which increases the relevance and accuracy of data. Adding on, it allows geotagging of clock-in/clock-out, work-orders, etc.
3. Data Submission: A paperless office is a workplace where the utilization of paper is wiped out or incredibly decreased. It makes this possible by changing papers into a digital structure, a cycle known as digitization.
It is said that “going paperless” can set aside cash, support efficiency, spare space, make documentation and data sharing simpler, keep individual data safer, and help the environment. With the use of software, it is possible to ensure paperless submission of timesheets, job reports, payment info, and other important data features.
4. Instant Team Collaboration: Instant messaging and chat are two features available in the construction scheduling app. These are very useful to connect the field staff with their managers and other senior irrespective of their actual location. The field executives can use the instant messaging option to address any query or issue of a client, with no need for rescheduling it. This is instrumental in increasing customer satisfaction by solving their queries in a quick time. Real-time messenger options also increase the productivity of the field team, ensuring the overall growth of the construction company.
Created on Sep 28th 2020 05:35. Viewed 129 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.