Vegan Snacks: Ice Cream Editionby Vegan Culinary Cruises Luxury – All Inclusive – All Vegan
There's nothing in this world that ice cream can't fix! Discomfort on a hot summer day, heartbreaks, and PMS cravings, to name a few. Who said vegan snacks were boring? Check out this plant-based take on one of life's greatest pleasures.
3 cups cashews, ½ cup (65 g) if just making enough for the ice cream (390 g)
¼ cup water (60 mL)
1 ¼ cups organic sugar (250 g)
4 tablespoons cocoa butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk (240 mL)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean
Special Equipment Needed
Ice cream maker
1. Place the cashews in a large bowl. Add enough room-temperature water to cover the cashews. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and soak overnight.
2. Place the bowl of an ice cream machine in the freezer overnight.
Add the cashews and soaking water into a blender. Blend, starting on low pulse speed and increasing to high until smooth and frothy, about 40 seconds. Strain into a large bowl through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
3. Reserve 1 cup (240 ml) of cashew milk for the ice cream and store the rest in the refrigerator for up to a week for another use.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is clear, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cocoa butter, coconut oil, and salt. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
5. In a blender, combine the cashew milk and coconut milk. Blend on low speed. With the blender running, pour in the sugar mixture to emulsify. Continue until well-blended, about 2 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into a large metal bowl and mix in the vanilla extract. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and whisk to combine.
7. Chill the base in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
8. Add the chilled base to the ice cream maker and churn for 1 hour, or as long as the machine requires, until thick and creamy.
9. Transfer the ice cream to a loaf pan and freeze overnight.
Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrition Calories: 3708 Fat: 299 grams Carbs: 233 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars:158 grams Protein: 55 grams
This recipe makes up to 8 servings.
Recipe adapted from https://tasty.co/recipe/the-best-vegan-vanilla-ice-cream
You'll find plenty of plant-based options on a vegan cruise! Book a tour now on vegan culinary cruises. You can leave them a message for any information on pricing and tour dates.
Created on Jul 4th 2019 00:58. Viewed 443 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.