Top DVD/CD Packaging Options Used by CD Manufacturersby Amelie Viz Replication and Duplication Process
In the past several years, there has been an amazing development and advancements in the designs of CD and DVD cases used by CD manufacturers across the globe. Surprisingly, things have become so much better now that you can actually get these cases and covers modified as per your content or requirement. In this post, we will take a note of different options present in terms of these cases and covers and we will start with those used for CDs or compact discs.
FOR YOUR CDs
Clam Shell Case or Plastic Wallets
The first option and perhaps, the most common one is given the name of the plastic shell cases or plastic wallet.
- The top feature is that it will allow your on-body print on the CD to show through and are a good and really low-cost option.
- According to DVD and CD manufacturers, this option is available in two types, i.e., single version and double version.
- Other than this, there is another version used for inserting into books and magazines with clear self-adhesive strips.
- In case, there is a requirement of printed parts, you will see DVD and CD manufacturers coming up with a number of options to consider.
- By far the most popular form of casing is the card wallets that are printed in full colour on both sides.
The Card Wallet
- The popularity of the card wallets could be called a perfect example of the changing trends that we have witnessed in all these years.
- This version has become the best-selling option across the globe.
- The popularity of this version is backed by a number of reasons like it is eco-friendly, it is robust and it offers good quality protection and so on.
- Other than this, one more reason that has contributed a lot towards its popularity is that it is very easy to post.
- Other than this, the fact that these card wallets can be customised has also played a very important role in the overall popularity.
- You can then choose to have these cello-bagged or shrink-wrapped just to create the complete profession look or for selling online.
The CD Digi-Pak
- The next very impressive option is given the name of digipak and according to reputed CD manufacturers; it is a 4-page card option that comes with a transparent or a black tray for the discs to rest on.
- The biggest attribute of this version is that it has all the benefits that we read in the card wallets section.
- The only difference that it has a sturdier try for the disc to rest on.
- Other than this, there is also a 4-page lancing pack, which is a double card wallet with one side sealed with glue or left open for a booklet.
The CD Jewel Case
- The next option used by CD manufacturers is the CD jewel case and this version gets its name because it picks up light like jewels.
- This means that it is made up of transparent plastic and fitted with 2 arms that support the lid.
Created on Oct 15th 2018 06:17. Viewed 380 times.