Options Present in Terms of CD Packaging and Their Featuresby Amelie Viz Replication and Duplication Process
When it comes to designing a package for your upcoming discs, there are several things to be taken of. Based on them, you’ll be able to find a reliable and competent packaging option. There are several of them and here is a brief description of some of them.
Plastic and Paper CD Wallets
- The first very popular options you will come across in the markets are plastic and paper-made covers.
- Both of them happen to be the most common, very economical and very popular as well.
- Because of their very common and economical availability, you’ll find them with almost every CD or DVD.
- The fact about them is that they can be used to protect the printed and recorded disc surfaces from possible scratches through light handling.
- As said above, they are very economically available and thus, in the corporate world, they are an ideal solution if you are distributing promotional audio or data discs.
- Other than this, they can also be used if you are distributing your discs at an exhibition or sending them out in the post to promote music, images, data or software.
- However, one thing that you need to remember about both of them is that they are not intended for long-term use.
- With them, there is always a possibility to include a printed card with information on inside the wallet.
- They are flat and are easily misplaced amongst mail, books or other more robust CD packaging types.
Printed CD Card Wallet
- The next option that CD and DVD manufacturers across the globe use is given the name of printed card wallets.
- This is basically a wallet type DVD and CD packaging that is generally made from a thicker grade of material than the plastic or paper wallet.
- The main reason behind its robustness is to make sure that it’ll offer better quality protection to the discs stored inside.
- One more attribute of this version is that CD packaging can also be printed with eye-catching images or information about the content.
- Very similar to the versions discussed above, they are also extremely lightweight, low cost and ideal if the disc is to be posted out.
- Sellers of gatefold, etc., believe that it is also a great option for an audio disc to be displayed upon a merchandise stall.
- Similarly, sellers of different CD packaging options believe it to be ideal for inclusion with other promotional media or reading material.
- Other than this, they are also considered great for distribution at events or exhibitions.
- According to top-notch manufacturers, this version can be easily manufactured from 100% recyclable materials.
- For their decoration, you can give a glossy finish or matt surface depending upon your artwork requirements.
There are several other very popular and out of the box type of options present in the markets and the names are -
- CD Trigger Cases and CD Clamshell Cases
- Standard Jewel Cases and Slim-line Jewel Cases
- CD Digipack
- Specialist and Custom Packaging
- CD Jakebox
- Metal CD Tin
Created on Jun 5th 2018 00:22. Viewed 515 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.