Tips on Removing Graffiti from Colorbond Fencingby Taylor Smith Helping Fence in Australia
People love graffiti, but one place where no art is tolerated at all is the Colorbond fencing. People in Australia are possessive about this fencing and make sure that it stays in the same condition for years and years. This is why they don’t even tolerate graffiti, i.e. a wonderful art and if found, they don’t delay in making efforts to remove it in this post, we have covered some useful information on removing graffiti from commercial or home Colorbond fences.
Graffiti Removal Products
Upon researching, you will come across a number of products that can be used for getting rid of the colours used in graffiti, but the main question is...are they really trustworthy. The answer is "NO" because more frequently than usual, they have chemicals that can be harmful for the fencing. This is why; you need to be very careful while choosing one of them. Experts too say the same that when it comes to these graffiti removal and anti-graffiti coating products, not all of them are appropriate for BlueScope Steel's products. This basically means that as you use them, there are possibilities that you might void the guarantees and warranties given by the manufacturer - BlueScope Steel.
CHEMICALS YOU SHOULD NEVER USE WITH COLORBOND STEEL ARE:
• Methyl Ethyl Ketone
• Thinners or commercial paint strippers
In this regards, vendors of these fencing solutions say that as soon as the graffiti is discovered, you should not delay at all in starting the process of their removal. This is mainly because the longer the period, the harder it will be to remove the graffiti, but while choosing the graffiti removal product, make sure that it does not have any of the above-mentioned chemicals.
Steps To Follow When Removing Graffiti From The Colorbond Steel Fence:
1. Purchase an Appropriate Graffiti Remover
• For getting the best product, you can seek help of the salesperson or directly place this question to the online executives of the manufacturers of Colorbond fence extensions.
2. PPE for Safety
• They further recommend using all the possible safety gear before starting to work on this and this could include gloves, glasses, long sleeves and so on.
• It is advised to wear every protective gear recommended by the salesman at the hardware store.
• This is generally the first step of the removal process and would start with clearing the area covered by graffiti.
• This has to be followed by drying before you could apply the graffiti removal products.
• Experts say that before applying it on a large scale, it would be wise to apply and test it on a smaller area for its effectiveness and ensuring that it is safe for use.
• Let it sit for one minute or so and then gently rub it off using a clean soft cloth or sponge.
• The force you will need to apply when rubbing the graffiti off after applying graffiti removal will depend on what type of graffiti paint has been used.
• Experts recommend not using abrasive materials for the removal of graffiti as they can be too harsh for Colorbond fences and as a result discoloration might occur.
• The next step would involve using the hose or a bucket to rinse the Colorbond steel fence with the water and this has to be done continually to minimise the risk of residual staining.
Created on Dec 9th 2019 02:56. Viewed 150 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.