Comparing Modular Fencing and Colorbond Fencing on Different Parametersby Andrew Lope Business promotion
When researching about the best kind of fencing solution to get installed around the property, the stress would continue to rise on a regular basis. The reason is that in the research process, you will find a number of new things that were still unknown to you. However, you need not worry as we have come up with a post, where we have compared two most popular fencing options, i.e. Colorbond fencing and modular fencing.
Determining the Cost
The first question that everyone has in terms of any installation is the investment to be made. There is a huge price difference between different kinds of fencing and here is the list of the same.
• $65 - $100 for Colorbond fencing
• $80 - $125 for hardwood fencing
• $191+GST for SlimWall modular fencing
• $280 – $350 for a treated pine slat fence
• $550 – $800 for a brick wall
• $750 – $1000 for a rendered brick and steel fence
• $800 – $1200 for a sandstone and timber fence
Here it might appear that modular fencing might appear like taking a jump here from colourbond fencing, but the latter one comes with unlimited features. The top ones are related to aesthetics, noise reduction, weather resistance, durability, value for money and so on. Moreover, the cost of both, modular as well as Colorbond fencing will get reduced, if you have the skills for DIY installation, although it is not recommended at all.
Can you DIY it?
According to the vendors of Colorbond fence extensions and Colorbond gates, this might surprise you, but yes, DIY installation is possible in both these kinds of fencing. However, for this, you will require manpower, skills and most importantly, the necessary tools to help you in the installation process. The process is really easy, but in any case, you will require at least two more people to help you in the DIY installation of both modular as well as Colorbond fencing.
The benefit of DIY installation will get reflected in the form of lowered cost and apart from this; you will be able to install it the way you want with no hurry at all.
• Because both modular and Colorbond fencing belong to post and rail fencing category, you will find that the installation duration is really low.
• This means that a short run of these fences, without any doubt, you will require a week if you attempt DIY for the same.
• However, there are some differences as well and one of the top differences between modular and Colorbond fencing is that modular fencing panels will need to be finished post-installation.
• This is a kind of advantage if you are attempting DIY, because you will have the opportunity to apply wall finish of your choice whenever you get time.
In terms of noise reduction, modular fencing is better and experts say that here, Colorbond fencing is not useful at all. The reason is the lack of minimum density and this means that Colorbond fencing will be totally ineffective in terms of reducing the noise pollution.
Created on Jan 19th 2021 07:42. Viewed 188 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.