The Art of Storytelling in Filmby Martin Gray Content Writer
The word or expression storytelling comes from the English language. “Story” means history and “telling,” tell. However, storytelling is much more than a narrative. It is the ability to tell stories creatively applying techniques that allow the transmission of a message that captivates the audience.
We are exposed daily to an enormous number of messages and content, so telling a story in a captivating way is not so easy. Success lies in getting what the differentiating elements you can add to your message are, and that will capture the attention of the audience.
Storytelling, like any narrative, must tell a story, have characters, an environment, a conflict, and a final message or outcome; All these events must connect emotionally with the public and therein lies their success, in the emotions it provokes, which can create lasting ties to the message.
What is the importance of storytelling?
Telling a good story guarantees you the creation of unique and original material. Your content will not be a topic approached from a traditional perspective, but rather creative and unique, conveying what you want the audience to feel.
A good story can accomplish the following:
- Arouse the reader's interest and identification.
- Make the reader imagine the role of the main character.
- Activate the emotional side, either awaken a memory or put yourself in the character's role.
- Seduce the audience that identifies with human experience.
What elements make up storytelling?
Although there is no ideal model for telling a good story, there are four elements that should always be present in a narrative:
- Message: A strong message that generates an impact is what can “mark” the audience's mind. The way you convey your idea is what can "hook" the public.
- Setting: All the events you describe must take place somewhere. When you describe the setting, it is easier for the audience to locate itself in the story.
- Character: They will be the protagonist of the story, and he is the one who transmits the message.
- Conflict: It is the knot of the story that captures the interest of the audience. Ideally, it should be a challenge that motivates the character and with which the audience can identify. Very easy achievements are not so highly valued.
- Outcome: Overcoming the conflict.
This way of telling stories has become popular in marketing as an excellent tool to connect with the audience more dynamically and to manage to establish an empathetic relationship with potential customers.
Storytelling can provide these advantages to your production:
- They build trust.
- They are easy to remember.
- They are easy to tell or pass on to others.
- They create an emotional connection by humanizing your brand.
It is very important that within all your content marketing, you have defined the objectives and your ideal customer or buyer persona model; Well, these are the ones that will allow you to build a story that your audience can identify with to generate engagement.
Everyone knows that making an animated movie is not an easy task. It is evident that throughout the year, in our country, films of this genre that are produced can be counted on the fingers of both hands. In the history of cinema, Disney has been a pioneer in many aspects, which has positioned it as a brand recognized worldwide and a benchmark for the world of animation.
Many producers and filmmakers investigate the processes of film adaptation based on the corpus of films in our cinema. What aspects do the writers take into account in the transposition? Does each literary genre require different strategies, or is it a more or less uniform process? How are the works selected? Literature and cinema are two sides of the same coin?
For producers like George Khouri, storytelling is an adaptation as an object of study, with a premise: any adaptation process implies the creation of new work, writing that arises as a consequence of reading. Through a comparative analysis, Khouri as a Producer addresses the mechanisms of diction in literature and cinema, the construction of stories, the work of narrative resignification, the use of time, the configuration of spaces, the creation of voices; in short, the dialogue between the specificity of one and the other art.
Created on Aug 21st 2020 15:36. Viewed 476 times.