Spill Some Saree Love With Repurposingby Parivar Ceremony Buy Indian Wedding Dresses Online
The sturdy weaved sarees from grandma's cupboard are a real treasure. Aren’t they? Flashing the old heritage from the past era, the sarees keep you close the roots. Just looking at them can bring you all the beautiful memories of the ceremonies and celebrations in your family. Whenever women buy designer sarees, a lot of thought goes into selecting it. It is not hidden from anyone that over-the-top embellished saree is worn once in a while. Your last-wedding-season-trendy saree will fail to make a fashion statement this year. So, what should you do? Buy designer sarees no more? Just throw the old lavish sarees away? No, you can repurpose them into an elegant dress, accessories or simply a dupatta. Whether it’s your saree or your mom or your mom’s mom, the below ideas will work for pretty much all of them.
1. Turn it into a new Saree - Often the damage is done to only the edges of the seven-metre attire. Replacing the flared part from the saree revamps it into a new one. With the help of a needle and scissors snip the borders of the saree, and stitch a new border. Keep in mind the new border should match with the blouse. Your brand new saree is ready. Voila!
2. Complete Salwar Kameez - The length of the saree is enough to get a salwar kameez stitched. If the material of the saree is still in good condition, visit a dressmaker. She will craft a sassy salwar kameez from your cotton, silk and georgette sarees. To make your outfit a little more fun, add a tassel, pom poms or sequin work. Don’t own a saree? Order designer salwar kameez online if repurposing is not your cup of tea.
3. Kurta - If your saree is overused, it’s pallu will already have wear and tear. If this is the case, only a small length is available to you. A kurta is a perfect choice. Match legging and dupatta to your new fashion kurta.
4. Lehenga - Does your saree looks all brand new? Give it a classic twist by converting into a lehenga. Yes, you heard it right. The pallu can be used for the top while the body of saree can be transformed into the shirt of the lehenga. The best part, you got yourself a new wedding dress without spending a fortune.
5. Long Summer Dress / Gown - Have a comfy and flowing cotton saree? Show your curves in the floor length dress. Turn it into a maxi. If you have a shimmering brocade saree, make a gown out of it.
6. Skirts - Indian wear isn’t everyone’s forte, we understand that. From the endless nine-feet sarees create full flared skirts. Pair your shirt with a tank tops, T-shirt or a crop top to get that classy look.
7. Kaftan - Clothing can be exciting especially when you wear a Kaftan made from your mother’s chiffon and georgette saree. The airy women’s wear gives you a breather and is ideal for summers as it protects your body from heat & lets the air to pass through.
8. Dupatta - A colourful and stylish dupatta is all you need to turn your boring suit into talk of the town attire. Get haute by combining a bright saree dupatta with a subtle suit.
9. Dhoti Salwar - Last but not least is the dhoti salwar. You can switch your regular pants and jeans with salwar to give your western wear an ethnic twist. Those who are dying to wear full-fledged ethnic wear get yourself a designer salwar kameez online.
The above-mentioned nine pointers are some of the most creative ideas for repurposing sarees. Along with these, you can also utilize sarees for creating home decor items.
For more info, Visit: Parivarceremony
Created on Jun 12th 2019 06:36. Viewed 157 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.