Sinusitis (Sinus) Infection : Causes, Symptoms, Yoga, Home Remedies and Treatmentsby Vishal Kaushik Digital Marketer
What is Sinus Infection?
A sinus infection, also known as sinusitis, is a common disease which affects about 31 million people every year in the United States. This condition causes your sinuses and nasal passages become inflamed. This inflammation is called sinusitis.
Types Of Sinus:
There are five types of sinus; including —
- Acute Rhinosinusitis
- Subacute Rhinosinusitis
- Recurrent Acute Rhinosinusitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Allergic Sinusitis
Causes Of Sinusitis:
- Cold and cough
- Polluted air
- Smoke and dust
- Viruses, fungus and bacteria
- Dandruff originating from animal bodies
- Nasal bone growing in pointy shape
- Short nose hair, cilia that don't let mucus to come out of the nose properly
Symptoms Of Sinusitis
In adults, common sinus symptoms are —
- Bad breath
- No smell
- Feeling tired and sick
- Cough, that may become worse at night
- Pain behind the eyes and teeth
- Very soft face
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion or running
in children, symptoms of sinusitis are as follows —
- High fever
- Runny nose, which lasts for at least three days
- Cold or respiratory disease, which can gets better and then worsens
- Cough or runny nose, which can be present for more than ten days and is not improving
When To See A Doctor?
It is advisable to immediately see your doctor if the above mentioned symptoms last for three to four days. If the symptoms of nose heaviness, headache are continuously bothering then it's time to seek a medical advice.
Treatment Of Sinusitis Infection
Sinusitis treatment methods may include —
- Intranasal Corticosteroids
- Ayurvedic Treatment
It may include —
- Wash your hands thoroughly, especially after shaking hands with someone
- Stay away from stress
- Protect yourself from dust
- Keep steaming
- Drink adequate amounts of water and keep yourself hydrated
- Stay away from the things that cause sinus, such as smoking
- Consume immunity boosting foods that help to increase your immunity and give you the ability to fight against bacteria
Created on Nov 9th 2020 05:29. Viewed 80 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.