Sharing Netflix Password is illegal or legal: A complete guideby Aana Taylor Customer Support IT Service UK
Although according to US Court, password sharing is a federal crime under the Abuse Act and Computer Fraud. But that is totally different case what the question is to share passwords on an entertainment site such as Netflix. Apart from this, Netflix CEO said that people love to share Netflix and it is a positive thing. Although there are some consequences of sharing passwords and we will discuss them in this guide.
Currently, Netflix tests a clampdown on password sharing for limited users. Sharing Netflix passwords is legal and this feature is designed to avoid unauthorized users to get access to the account. Netflix requires verification by entering a code that is sent to the phone number or email of the owner.
What are the ways to share Netflix passwords?
As the account owner, Netflix will allow you to share passwords and you will be responsible for all those actions that use your account. So, sharing passwords will be completely on own risk.
- As the account owner, Netflix will allow you to share passwords and you will be responsible for all those actions that use your account. So, sharing passwords will be completely on own risk.
- First of all, login to Netflix and click on the “Your Account and Help” appears at the top-right corner of the screen
- Now, scroll down to the “Preferences” section that appears just near the bottom of the page and then, click on “Account Profiles”
- This is the time to click on “Add Profile” and enter the first and last name of the new account holder of the profile
- After that, add a sign in name and password for the new profile and you are done
- Choose a maturity level from the pull-down menu and enter a gender for the new profile
- Choose the option “Account Owner” if you would like your name to appear on the Netflix envelope and select “Profile Name” to have the new name of the user appears on the envelope
- After that, click on the “Save” option and click on “Reassign DVDs” from the account profiles screen
- Enter the number of the DVDs that appear next to every profile and it will decide the number of DVDs every person on the account can use at a time and click on Save
Doing this will help to share the Netflix account password with your near and dear ones. Now, as we discussed very earlier that there are some consequences of sharing passwords, let’s move ahead on them.
Disadvantages of sharing Netflix Password
Because Netflix account also has sensitive information such as bank account details in the payment section so, sharing username and password might become a privacy issue.
- As multiple people are using your account, so your wish-list movie will get filled with things that other people have added that you might not even want to watch them.
- Netflix movie recommendations might be influenced by the movie experiences of others too. You won’t get suggestions that match your movie taste
- Your username and password might be shared with your friends and family which might result in an entire people even you don’t know them using your account
- The Standard and Basic Netflix plan support only half of the screens at a time and others might occupy screens. You won’t get the extra to watch when you want to and you might have to wait for others who want to finish watching so the screens get free.
- Netflix will blame you for any illegal activity which is going on your account.
With these consequences of sharing an account password, if you want to share your account, it is suggested to share it with a group of people who you trust like your family member, friends, and others if you are close to them. If you ever get stuck with hacked Netflix account then, it is recommended to get connected with Netflix experts for instant and reliable assistance.
Created on Apr 15th 2021 06:41. Viewed 120 times.