Rising Scope Of Rapid Authoring Tools For E-Learning & Developmentby Anubha Goel Senior executive
With an increasing number of organizations embracing rapid development to keep pace with changing learning needs, the delivery of authoring solutions in a collaborative environment continues to evolve. Today, developers use authoring tools to create effective e-learning courses for diversified audiences. These tools are designed for different courses, learning platforms, file formats and more. Subject Matter Experts create courses on their own, thereby mitigating the development time considerably. Authoring tools not only help to convert content with ease, but also enhance interactivity into courses. Attractive images, interactive videos and audios make the content media-rich and hence, more influential to the learner.
Today, many organizations wonder whether it is essential to choose authoring tools as a required standard or not. Authoring tools are used to incorporate interactive elements for delivering a highly engaging and professional e-learning content. Outlined below are the different kinds of authoring tools that are significant for creating personalized courses, web pages and other multimedia applications:
- Desktop-based authoring tools- Such authoring tools are installed on desktops, giving more control over the interactions embedded with e-courses.
- PowerPoint authoring tools- These tools use PowerPoint as the main authoring tool, which allows adding interactivities and assessments to the e-courses without any hassle.
- Server-based tools- These types of tools are hosted on a server, accessible through a browser. Server-based tools are useful for workflow processes, thereby helping subject matter experts to review and comment on the content as it is developed.
There are a plethora of benefits of e-learning authoring tools for both developers and users. Some of them are discussed as follows:
- The key benefit of using rapid authoring tools is that you can save time and effort to create e-courses. Custom e-learning solutions can be imparted for multiple platforms and across multiple devices such as desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets. Consequently, it helps the learners to access courses at their convenience of time and place.
- E-courseware created with rapid authoring tools can be accessed easily on the web as well as mobile-based browsers.
- Authoring tools help to develop courses that are lightweight and easy to download so that learners can access courses even when there is no internet connection.
- Authoring tools help to create customized courses that fit different screen size and resolutions of different devices. Features like navigation button, Menu bar, volume buttons and others are also supported.
- E-courses developed with authoring tools are industry-compliant, that is, SCORM and AICC supported. This allows easy tracking of learners’ progress during the entire learning process through an LMS (Learning Management System).
With the increasing use of rapid authoring tools with increasing features, it is becoming an optimal way for most e-learning content developers to create innovative courses that cater to the needs of modern learners.
Created on Jul 25th 2018 02:54. Viewed 372 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.