Magsafe — What is it, tips to use it and how to keep it safe?by Kulminder Singh FixMyMobile
Every year when Apple does a launch, there is a new buzz in the market. This time it was about the Magsafe charger as much as it was about the Apple 12. From authorised apple centres to iPhone service centre in Delhi, the wave is everywhere. Apple as a company has a reputation of introducing devices that are inevitable and Magsafe is exactly that---a wireless charger with magnets!
The MagSafe charger is introduced with the idea of charging the iPhone 12 wirelessly, speedily and safely. It works with all the iPhones in the 12 series along with all the Apple Magsafe accessories.
Here’s more about it.
What is Magsafe?
Magsafe is an Apple charger sold separately from the devices at $39. The charger is designed like a round disc that has magnetic coils inside it. The magnets inside the Magsafe attach to the magnets inside the iPhone that helps in the automatic alignment of the phone with the charger.
Magsafe was unveiled as a wireless charger to charge iPhone 12 in the much talked about event on October 13.
The Magsafe works for all the iPhones in the 12 series just like the charger for the Apple watch. Every iPhone launched in the 12 series has a magnetic coil around the Qi charging coil of the phone. This makes it easier to snap charging accessories on the iPhone.
You also do not have to worry about its repair since it can be easily taken care of at any place that offers genuine iPhone repair in Delhi.
Tips to use Magsafe Charger
If you are new to using the Magsafe charger, here’s how to use it to charge your iPhone 12.
- Connect the USB-C of Magsafe charger to any of the following:
- Apple USB-C power adapter
- Any third-party USB-C power adapter that is compatible with it
- USB-C port on one of your PCs or Mac
- Place the charger on a flat surface, facing up
- Remember to plug the charger into a source of power before you place your iPhone on it. This will maximise its power.
- For a faster wireless charging (up to 15W), the following compatible power adapters are recommended: USB-C Connector; 9V/2.22A or 9V/2.56A and higher; higher wattage adapters 9V/2.56 and above will work well for iPhone 12. For iPhone 12 mini, 9V/2.03A can get up to 12 W and faster wireless charging.
Keeping your Magsafe Charger safe
Here are a few tips to keep your Magsafe charger safe for longer life and efficient performance.
- The magnetic strips in the charger and the phone need a lot of care. Avoid keeping credit cards, key fobs, passports or security badges on your Magsafe charger as it can damage its magnetic strips. Not just this, this can also damage the RFID chips that are present in the above-mentioned items.
- Also while charging the phone, ensure that there is nothing at all between the charger and the back of your device.
- It is advisable not to use leather case for your iPhone while you are charging it with Magsafe charger. The magnetic coil and charging can result in the compression of leather and bring about circular imprints on the case.
- Remember that your Magsafe charger will perform best with iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max and all the other Apple Magsafe accessories. It is advisable to use it with them for best results.
- Just like all the other Apple products, Magsafe also needs special care while cleaning. Since the charger has magnets, it easily attracts dust and debris while usage. Before you get down to clean the charger, unplug it and dust off any dust or debris that is visible around the metal ring. Now use a soft, lint-free cloth and dampen it slightly to wipe clean the middle of the charger that is made of silicone. Do not use any other kind of cleaner to clean and wipe the Magsafe charger.
- If your Magsafe charger ever needs a repair or replacement, make sure that you only head to a genuine apple service centre in Delhi that has certified technicians to do the job.
If you are a resident of Delhi NCR and looking for an iPhone repair centre in Delhi, we will highly recommend FixMyMobile for the job. For any iPhone or iPad related issue, the company serves as a one-stop solution provider. From charging dock replacement to battery replacement to back glass replacement and much more, they offer quick, reliable and over-the-counter services.
When you have high-quality products such as Magsafe charger, you can only trust reliable service providers such as FixMyMobile.
Created on Dec 16th 2020 10:29. Viewed 113 times.