IVF Anxiety: How to Overcome itby Dr. Manika Khanna Gaudium IVF Centre
Symptoms of depression and anxiety, especially in the first two weeks, are common out-turns of the psychological and hormonal changes occurring within you during IVF. Considering one’s anticipation of the outcome of this process, the effect of the medical procedures and medications involved in it and such other factors, a certain amount of stress and anxiety is inevitable in IVF.
The symptoms however could range from muscle tension, irritability, irrationality, hyperventilation, sleeplessness and nausea to aggression, extremely emotional behaviour and loss of confidence. If you seem to be going through any of it, here are a few ways to overcome it and make your infertility treatment in Delhi more comfortable and relaxed.
1. Stress Management Techniques: Yoga, meditation, relaxation techniques, light exercise and massage can help you overcome the physical symptoms as well as calm your mind through IVF.
2. Seek support from friends and family: Being overwhelmed by emotions during IVF is extremely normal, and there is no harm in leaning on people for support. Talk it out with your friends and family. Pre IVF therapy can also help you battle anxiety by controlling your negative-thinking and overwhelming emotions, so there is no harm in seeking therapy.
3. Learn the art of grappling with behavioural changes: A riveting hobby, perhaps writing, could be of great help during IVF to keep yourself engaged. Writing a diary or a blog can keep your mind off the chaotic and anxious thoughts. If you are unable to express your emotions in words, you may draw, sketch, paint, listen to music, play an instrument or sing out loud.
4. Join an IVF support group or chat group: An IVF support group is an ideal place for you to meet women who are undergoing similar problems and facing like challenges. Support groups can offer you the much needed assurance, support and comfort during IVF.
5. Devote time for your partner: Communicating with your partner and confiding your fears and hopes to him will help you control your anxiety to a considerable extent.
While you cope up with your anxiety by following the above mentioned measures, it is important for you to know that pre-IVF anxiety is quite common amongst the IVF patients and does not affect the outcome of your treatment.
Gaudium IVF, the best IVF centre in Delhi is renowned for bringing advanced and affordable treatment for male and female infertility issues.
Contact today for a free consultation from the leading IVF specialist in Delhi, Dr Manika Khanna.
Created on Oct 13th 2017 05:34. Viewed 559 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.