Installing Third-Party App Stores on Your Android Device
by Alice Johnn Speak Directly to the Audience You
Android and iOS devices come with two different stores, Play Store and App Store, respectively. The two stores are the only official platform for downloading apps and games. However, did you ever imagine getting third-party app stores on your Android device?
Undoubtedly, the Google Play Store is the most popular and safe option for Android users. In case you’re looking for alternatives to download apps on your Android device, below mentioned are additional options you can use for the same.
- Amazon App Store: The Amazon App Store comes along with the Kindle Fire tablets, which can be downloaded on Android devices. Amazon being one of the most popular companies, has the faith of its users and is claimed as another safest app store to use.
- APKPure: The APKPure is a store very similar to the existing App Store offered for Android devices. However, it is a convenient option if you want to unlock region-based games and apps.
- F-Droid: The F-Droid app store doesn’t include many apps or games to download, but it does offer some great apps even though they’re limited.
How to Install Third-Party App Stores on Your Android Phone?
Downloading additional app stores other than the Play Store is a very simple process called ‘Sideloading.’ Thus, the steps to download third-party app stores are:
- Make a decision about which app store you want to download, for instance, the Amazon Appstore.
- Visit the app store’s website and locate the ‘Download’ option.
- Once you click on the ‘Download’ option for the app store, a pop-up menu will appear, seeking your confirmation. Tap ‘Ok.’
- The file will start downloading. Once downloaded, click on the ‘Open’ button to install it on your Android device.
- Make sure you’ve enabled the settings for downloading anything that isn’t from Google Store. However, if you haven’t enabled the same, a menu will open that’ll take you to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Turn the slider on for the ‘Allow from the source’ option in the Settings menu.
- Head back and tap on the ‘Install’ button again.
- The installation process will take a few seconds or minutes, depending upon the internet speed. Once done, click on the ‘Open’ option.
- The downloaded app store will open. Further, follow the on-screen instructions to set up.
Notably, after the set up of the new app store is done, you’ll have to enable the settings for installing unknown apps. The message will appear when you try installing a game or an app for the first time using the third-party app store.
Now, you’re all set to download apps from the alternative app stores. It is time to Explore more apps and games that aren’t offered by the Google Play Store.
Created on Nov 5th 2020 06:34. Viewed 75 times.