How You Can Fix QuickBooks Error 15106? +1800-796-0471by Mason Olivia Digital Marketing
QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software introduced to meet your business needs. However, bugs and errors are part and parcel of every software. You might come across QuickBooks error 15106 while using QuickBooks. It is a common issue which occurs due to problems in the update program. The message indicates that the update program has been damaged. When you using QuickBooks payroll and you try to unable update then QuickBooks Update Error 15106 can occur.
What is QuickBooks Error 15106?
Many QuickBooks users across the world face the issue related to QuickBooks Payroll unable to update and receiving QuickBooks error 15106. QuickBooks has never failed to amaze the users with its highly notable features. However, QuickBooks do have certain limitations and issues as well and one such issue is QuickBooks error code 15106.
Causes of QuickBooks Update error 15106
Many users get the messages like – ‘The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened’ Users often wonder, why such messages pop up on their screen. There are two main causes which are responsible for this.
- At times, Spy Sweeper is present in the webroot anti-virus software.
- Users might not have logged in with the username having admin level rights. In this case, the ability to read and write new files gets limited resulting in the difficulty to perform the required task.
How to Fix QuickBooks error 15106?
QuickBooks users can follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15106
- In case the user has not logged in as an administrator, the first thing required is that the user should log in as an Administrator. This may help in resolving QuickBooks update error 15106. In case the issue persists, check out the second fixing method.
- Many times the Spy Sweeper creates the trouble. Users can check out its presence in their systems. For that, the user has to open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. After that, the user has to click on the processes tab and look for Spy Sweeper.exe. User can do one of the below things-
(A) If it is in the processing tab, the user should delete or uninstall it by opening Add/Remove programs in the Windows. This can help in resolving QuickBooks Update Error 15106.
(B) Suppose the user does not find the Spy Sweeper in the computer system, In this case, the user has to open drive C and navigate C:\ Program Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\ components. Then the user is required to reset QuickBooks update after renaming download
to downloadqb old. This can help to resolve QuickBooks error code 15106.
- In case the above problems fail to resolve QuickBooks error code 15106. In this case, the user has to turn off the User Account Control temporarily depending upon the Windows used by the user.
- If QuickBooks error code 15106 issue still persists in Selective Startup, the user should perform QuickBooks clean install.
The above steps will help you resolve QuickBooks error 15106 in very less time if you still face any problem get in touch with our experts. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Support Number at 1-800-796-0471 for instant guidance.
If You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.
Created on Aug 28th 2019 02:07. Viewed 289 times.