HOW TO REMOVE LOGIN PIN AND SIGN-IN OPTIONS ON WINDOWS 10by Lucas Smith developer
Windows 10 comes up with preloaded security features that enable you to protect your device from dangerous hands. The security features that come with Windows 10 include inbuilt antivirus: Windows Defender, Pin, face recognition, fingerprint scans, security keys and more. These options are beneficial in securing our devices; however, you might want to remove them for easy start-ups. Several users don’t prefer any security unlock feature in their equipment
If you want your device to be free from any sign-in options, then you have come to the right place. In this article, you will learn how to remove all Pin and sign-in security option manually.
How to Remove PIN, Face Unlock and Finger Unlock on Windows 10?
Follow the provided details to understand how to get rid of all sign-in options:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Press the Settings icon to launch Settings on your PC.
- Head to Accounts.
- Head to Sign-In Options from the left side navigation menu.
- Click on Windows Hello PIN and then press the Remove button to remove this sign-in option.
- You might see a warning saying Are you sure, but you should click on the Remove option once more to confirm the decision.
- Now remove the other sign-in option in the same way.
You can remove most of the passwords, PINs and other Sign-in features here. Make sure to remove all of them in order to get a smooth, trouble-free start-up all the time.
How to Remove the Security Key on Windows 10?
Here’s how you can remove Security Key on Windows 10:
- Press the Start button on the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Choose the Settings icon to launch settings.
- Head to Accounts.
- Open “Sign-in Options” from the left side menu.
- Tap the Security Key option.
- Go to the Manage button.
- Plugin your USB Security key to your PC and then touch the flashing light.
- Press the Reset button to remove the key.
- Now hit “Close.”
How to Delete the Administrator Account on Windows 10
If you want to remove the administrator account from your device, then the process is a little confusing.
To remove the administrator account from the PC, you will have to make another local user account. Once the local account is created, you will have to set it as an administrator. After that, you will need to login to your device with the new account, and then you can delete the current account t from the settings.
The process may seem to be confusing, but if you follow the below steps, then you will be able to remove administrator account from Windows 10 without any problem.
- Go to Settings.
- Head to Accounts.
- Now go to “Family & Other Users.”
- Press the + button located in the front of “Add someone else to this PC” option.
- Tap the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” link.
- Hit the “Add a user without a Microsoft account” link.
- Provide a username and password, and then choose three security questions.
- Press the Next button.
You can also create an administrator account without entering a password. Just leave the password dialogue box blank to make a password-free account. Now once the account is created, you will find it under the “Other users” section. Here’s how to set it as administrator:
- Click on the newly created account from the “Other users” section.
- Press the “Change account type” button.
- Choose the Administrator option.
- Press OK.
- Now close the Settings.
- Go to the Start menu and then tap on your account profile.
- Click on the account that you just created.
- Now you can log in to this account.
Once you are logged in with the newly created account, you can remove the old account. Just follow the instructions to do this:
- Visit Settings.
- Head to the Accounts option.
- Go to Family & other users from the left menu.
- Go to your old account located in the Other Users section.
- Choose the remove button.
LUCAS SMITH is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding webroot.com/safe and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Created on Nov 14th 2019 07:03. Viewed 356 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.