How to prevent the negative effect of late night tech light on your health?by BluTech Lenses Blue Light Filter Glasses
Did you know? TVs, computers and smartphones all have powerful potential to influence behavior. Harvard researchers have found that the light that these gadgets emit, also known as blue light, suppresses melatonin, our sleep-regulating hormone, more severely than other sources of nighttime light. We all need to know what we can do to ensure that our natural sleep cycles are disturbed as little as possible, if not at all.
But, what is blue light? Why is it important to know about this?
Our sleep patterns, as we humans evolved on the planet, used to be connected to nature. We relied upon natural light and darkness for our wake/sleep clues. Blue light, which is the part of the light spectrum that is especially visible during the day, is interpreted by our brains and bodies as a cue to wake up. Scientists have found that the natural production of the hormone melatonin is most disrupted by blue light.
What can you do to prevent your body’s hormone production by being disrupted by blue light?
Well, it is wonderful to know that you have several options. These include:
- Avoiding the use of your TV, computer or smartphone at least two hours before bed.
- Using dim red lights for night lights, as they have been found to have the least power when it comes to shifting circadian rhythms.
- If you absolutely have to check your email before bed, try wearing blue light blocking glasses. They offer serious production for your natural sleep rhythms.
Research has lately informed us how necessary and important sleep is. We need to have enough every night. An adequate amount of nightly sleep provides:
- A better memory for everything and this is especially important if you're learning something new at work or at school
- Less inflammation in your body
- More creativity
- Less daytime fatigue and more stamina
- Better focus and attention, especially true for young learners
- Stability for your metabolism
- Lower stress levels which regulate blood pressure and cholesterol
- Less depression
- A better overall quality of life for you.
Blue light (especially at night) is dangerous for you and your eye health. Get yourself a pair of good quality blue blockers and avoid the dangers of late night tech light on your health.
Created on Nov 28th 2018 00:18. Viewed 243 times.