HOW TO MANAGE AND REMOVE BROWSER COOKIES ON MAC OSby Lucas Smith developer
Cookies serve a significant role in quick-browsing experience for various websites. Many users retain web cookies on their websites that they visit regularly. But many found it a hindrance to their privacy points while using the internet. Therefore they sometimes like to deactivate cookies permanently. In case you are using Mac, then there are various ways of disabling cookies on various browsers.
Here is how you may deactivate your cookies in various browsers.
Disabling cookies in Safari on Mac
In case you are using the Safari browser, you may deactivate cookies in just a few simple points.
- Launch the “Safari” web browser.
- Look for the Safari tab located at the upper portion of your screen under the menu option.
- Go to the “Preferences” option located inside the pull-down menu option and then hit it to expand the page.
- Then hit the “Privacy” options navigating the top panel of the “Preferences” page.
- Now hit the “Always block” option. It is located inside the “Cookies and website data” section. It will deactivate all of the cookies available on your Safari.
- If you wish to activate the disabled cookies in the future, you have to follow the same procedure from 1 to 4 and hit the “Always allow” tab.
Deactivating cookies in Google Chrome on Mac
- First of all, hit the Chrome browser to launch.
- Go to the menu bar and then tap the “Chrome” tab.
- Hit the pull-down list and then choose the “Preferences” option there.
- Navigate to the lowermost part of your settings screen and then and then press the “Advanced” option.
- Tap the “Content Settings” tab to expand. It is located inside the “Privacy and Security” segment.
- Then choose the cookie menu.
- Now turn off the option through the toggle button, which says, “Allow sites to save and read cookie data.”
Disabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox on Mac
The browser is always set to default if you don’t make modifications in its setting. Thereby, the cookies may also be enabled by default. To make changes to its settings and deactivate it, follow these easy steps:
- First of all, hit the “Mozilla Firefox” browser to launch.
- Now, you have to hit the “More” symbol to see various options. It looks like a hamburger icon.
- Now you have to tap the “Options” button. A fresh screen will appear.
- Go to the uppermost part of your screen and then hit the “Privacy” icon.
- Next, you have to hit the bar located after the “Firefox will.” It is situated inside the “History” segment.
- Now select the “Use custom settings for history” option.
- Then unmark the option box, that reads “Accept cookies from sites.”
Deactivating cookies in Opera Browser on the Mac
This method resembles similar steps to Safari and Chrome browsers apart from a slight difference in its settings.
- Launch the “Opera” application on your Mac.
- Go to the uppermost part of your window and then hit the “Opera” tab.
- Tap on the “Preferences” option.
- Navigate to the left-hand side screen, and then hit the “Privacy & Security” option there.
- Now select the block sites option from the “Cookies” panel.
Hey I am Lucas Smith, a certified technical professional for ESET with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your eset.com/activate then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from ESET Experts in a small time period.
Created on Nov 18th 2019 07:47. Viewed 337 times.