How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?by QbEnterpriseSupport Services QuickBooks Enterprise Support
QuickBooks Error H202 arises in your PC when a workstation fails to communicate with the company file. In such a scenario it doesn’t permit its users to access the company files. There are multiple causes and signs behind this error. So, before following the troubleshooting steps, you need to know its signs and causes.
Signs of QuickBooks Error H202
These are the signs of QuickBooks Error H202:
1. You will see QuickBooks Error Code h202 on your system when the software’s user fails to switch to multi-user mode.
2. QuickBooks software freezes.
3. Your PC becomes inactive.
4. You will not be able to open the company file that is located on another PC.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
Check out the possible causes of QuickBooks Error H202:
1. Maybe, the hosting settings are not configured.
2. Probably, the user is not able to exchange the data between the server and the software because of the blockage by the firewall software.
3. The error may occurred due to some issues in DNS settings.
4. There are chances to receive the error if the server’s IP address is not available.
5. It might be possible that you get the error if the QuickBooks services are not working.
6. You may see error h202 in case there is an issue with the QB Database Server Manager.
Troubleshooting steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Follow these steps to fix QB error h202 from the root:
Check the NetworkConnection
1. First, you have to turn on hosting on all workstations.
2. Now, you need to click on the server name.
3. Next, you have to add the server name.
Install the NetworkDiagnostic Tool
1. Firstly, you need to install and run the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool on your PC.
2. Secondly, you have to scan the folder where the company file has been placed.
3. Thirdly, you need to note the IP address.
4. You have to click on open ports.
5. You need to check the data file connectivity.
6. Thereafter, you have to re-launch the company file.
7. Finally, you are still confronting the error, add the QB port to the exceptions list in the windows firewall.
Make a new folder for the company file
1. Initially, you need to make a new folder.
2. Secondly, you have to share the folder.
3. Thirdly, you need to set up the windows access and folder permissions.
4. Lastly, you have to launch the company file in the multi-user mode.
Install & Run the QB File Doctor Tool
You need to download and then install QuickBooks FileDoctor, then this tool will automatically identify the error h202 and fix it.
Create the. ND company file again
1. First, you need to look for .ND in the windows search and then click enter.
2. Now, you have to delete the .ND file by right-clicking on the specific file.
3. Thereafter, you need to click on confirm when the confirmation window displays on your system.
4. You need to click on Windows.
5. You have to select all programs option and then click on QuickBooks.
6. Next, you need to click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
7. Click on the scan folder.
8. You need to click on the add folder and then browse the company file folder.
9. You have to select the company file and then press OK.
10. You need to click on scan.
11. Finally, click on close option.
Locate hosting to local files
1. First, you need to open QuickBooks.
2. Now, you have to click on F2 to open the product information.
3. Next, you need to click on choose hosting.
4. In the end, confirm that no other client is trying to host the same company file.
Save the server to the Windows Host File
1. Firstly, you need to go to the windows hosts on your PC wherein the software’s is there.
2. Secondly, you have to launch notepad as Admin, if required.
3. Now, you need to locate the insertion point and you need to add the server’s IP address.
4. You have to add the TAB key and then type the server name.
5. You need to click on Save and then on exit.
6. Finally, you have to launch the company file.
Re-launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
1. In the beginning, you need to open windows run and write msc.
2. Secondly, you have to click on ok.
3. Thirdly, you need to right-click on the files named as QuickBooksDB17, QuickBooksDB18, QuickBooks DB19 and click on Stop option.
4. You need to click on start and then close the windows.
5. Next, click on present extensions for the known file types.
6. You need to choose the view tab and then click hide QuickBooks file extensions for the known file types.
7. You have to click on view tab and then choose show hidden files and folders. With this, you need to click on delete the hide protected operating system files.
8. You need to click on yes on the warning message and then press OK.
9. Lastly, you have to close the windows explorer.
Hopefully, you have got an idea of why QuickBooks Error H202 occurs while working with the software. The blog has also mentioned signs, causes, and the steps to troubleshoot this error.
If you are still facing QuickBooks Error H202, then dial the QuickBooks Toll- Free Support Phone Number 1-888-986-7735.
Created on Apr 25th 2020 03:19. Viewed 201 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.