How to Choose a Soap That's Safe for Your Babyby Sonia Singh Hi Everyone, I am Sonia. I love to read and write
We live in a world that has easy access to information. This means that new parents need not rely on word-of-mouth recommendations or advice from well-meaning friends and relatives (although you may still get more than enough of it) when it comes to choosing baby products. This also implies that as the parent of a new-born or an infant or toddler, you are completely responsible for the health and nutrition of your little one. Choosing the right baby products entails a bit of research and here are a few tips that will make it easy to pick out the right baby soap for your bundle of joy.
· Don't be lured by images - While avoiding all toxins is indeed a rule of thumb, most of us go by words such as "all-natural" or "made from plant-based ingredients". A floral or green image on the label helps too. As a parent, you can no longer afford to be lured in by advertisements and images. Read the label. Baby soaps with ingredients such as Phthalates, Parabens, SLS, Triclosan, and Triclocarban must be strictly avoided. These are easily absorbed by the baby's delicate skin and can cause a host of health issues. In fact, it is best to opt for certified organic baby soap and shampoo.
· Fragrance lies – One of the major USPs of most baby products is the fragrance. We often look for soaps that keep our babies smelling fresh for a long time but it is important to remember that synthetic fragrances can do untold harm to the baby’s eyes, skin, lungs, and could also trigger allergic reactions in your little one. While synthetic fragrances are best avoided for everyone, it is imperative that you completely keep off baby soaps that contain these. Look for soaps that contain natural fragrances such as organic rose water.
· The oils that matter – Another ingredient that many baby soaps contain and one that is best avoided is mineral oils. All oils, however, are not bad for the baby's skin. In fact, a baby’s skin tends to dry out quickly and organic oils such as organic jojoba oil and organic olive oil can do a lot of good. It is best to choose products such as goodness.me certified organic baby soap which contain these oils.
· Sensitivity challenge – A baby’s skin is very prone to rashes and irritation. Choosing a baby soap that has been dermatologically tested and contains organic chamomile as an active ingredient can be very helpful in soothing the sensitive skin of the baby. Again, it is best to pick products that are hypoallergenic. This reduces the risk of any rashes or allergic reactions.
· Enlist some help – Despite all the information available on our fingertips, it may be difficult to choose just the right product for your little one. It is best to look for certifications that guarantee that the product is free from toxins and chemicals. Looking out for certified organic baby wash and lotion and certified organic soaps that are COSMOS ORGANIC certified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to COSMOS Standard.
Created on Sep 17th 2020 04:57. Viewed 4,279 times.