How to Apply for Umrah Visa: Complete Umrah Visa Guide.by Ady Grewal Content writer
Umrah is a pilgrimage that gets performed by Tens of Millions of Muslims all around the year. Travelling from every single part of the world, pilgrims arrive in the Kingdom through the best umrah package. There are multiple agencies available that can guarantee a hassle-free trip for you; from visa procedure to hotel and flight reservations. However, one must know the basic requirements of obtaining an Umrah visa to avoid being a victim of fraud. Despite that, even if you are going for umrah completely by yourself, then it becomes a necessity.
Here is a brief guide for you to assist in the application of Umrah Visa.
The start and End of Umrah Season.
Umrah Season starts from the 1st of Moharram (the first month of Islamic Year) and lasts till the end of Ramadan (the ninth month of Islamic Year). During this period, umrah is open for all overseas/international pilgrims. They can book their umrah package, travel to the kingdom and perform all the rituals within the specified amount of time.
For Gulf Nationals;
From Shawal (the tenth month of Islamic Year) to just before the Hajj days, umrah is only open for GCC nationals. These include people living in Gulf Countries on Work, Permanent Residence basis and also for nationals of the different middle-eastern countries.
Visa Validity and Issuance.
Umrah Visas are issued for a 2-week (14 days) period. Although the actual validity is of 30 days, that’s just to compensate for any flight, travel delays and inconveniences. Once you arrive, you have to perform all the rituals within 14 days and depart from the kingdom on the 15th day from your arrival.
The complete requirements for obtaining an Umrah visa are;
• The applicant should be 18 years old in order to travel alone. Under-18 years of children have to travel while being accompanied by their relatives, family or a guardian.
• Two, freshly-captured, colour photographs with a front body view in white background. No other type of photograph is acceptable.
• Proof of accommodation in Saudia Arabia i.e. Hotel bookings.
• A copy of the return flight ticket.
• 6-month validity of Passport at the time of application submission.
• A medical/vaccination certificate for required vaccinations.
• A duly filled Visa application form with all the relevant documents.
The fee for obtaining an Umrah visa is 350 SAR i.e. £72 plus taxes. In short, you can expect to spend almost £200 to £300 per person even for children.
Amendments under Saudi Vision 2030 plan.
Under the Saudi vision 2030, a lot of policies were renewed. According to which;
• Women no longer need a Mahram for their Umrah performance i.e. Women can perform umrah alone.
• Umrah can also be performed on Tourist Visa; available through visa-on-arrival as well as e-visa services.
• The 2nd Umrah fee (within the same year) is also eliminated.
Therefore, if you are planning to buy Ramadan Umrah Packages 2020 Birmingham, these are the necessary data sets to know about.
Created on Feb 14th 2020 09:12. Viewed 1,545 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.