How can we do e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll?by sobit badola SEO executive
It is time for employers to start thinking about W2 Forms. Employers are required to issue W-2 forms to their employees no later and required to file e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll with the Social Security Administration no later. Employers have two options to generate Form W2 themselves. That using payroll software may have the option to print w2 forms directly from their software. If that option is not available they may choose to utilize W-2 software.
In general payroll software automatically generates Form W-2 using the payroll data generated throughout the year for each employee. Enter general company information including employer identification number and address. Subsequently enter employee general information including Social Security Number and address. Because filing status, number of exemptions and pay frequency all go in to determining the amount of income tax withholding, which is reflected on employee's Form W2, this is important data to add to your payroll software. Once your payroll program has been set-up with your company data you are ready to create checks and print W2 forms.
Steps required for e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll
Follow these given below steps required for e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll.
Step 1: Set your Form printing preferences
Before printing your W2s, you need to tell QuickBooks that what type of paper you are printing on.
1) Choose the option of Taxes and select Payroll Settings
2) Open the Preferences and click on the option of Form Printing
3) Now, choose the preferred tab and then OK button
Step 2: Check and print your W2s
1) Choose the option of Taxes and then the payroll Tax
2) In the Forms section, you have to tap on the Annual Forms
3) Select All Employees or choose a specific employee name in the dropdown menu
4) Select W2 and after that you have to choose Copies B and C 2 link
5) This will take you to the Printable Employee Copies: Form W2 page
6) You have to choose the correct period from the dropdown menu
7) Select View and your W2s will open in your computer’s PDF reader in a new window
You can now print your W2s from your computer’s PDF reader by selecting File and Print and following the prompts. In Payroll software, click on the pay button; and bring up the employee's pay check information. For hourly or per piece employees enter the number of hours or pieces, for salaried employees the gross income will automatically be entered and for variable types of incomes such as commission the user will enter the gross income. By entering these amounts and hitting the tab key on the keyboard the payroll provider will see the withholding information which will then automatically transfer to Form W2.
You can create e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll checks that automatically calculate federal and state income tax withholding. The income tax withholding from the checks will automatically be populated on Form W-2 and have been brought over from the payroll checks that have been created in the system.
Created on Feb 3rd 2021 02:30. Viewed 176 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.