Guarding Your Baby against Diaper Rashes in the Rainy Seasonby Harleen Kaur Content Writing
Rashes are very common in babies during monsoons. But you can completely shield your baby against it with the listed precautionary measures.
With the onset of rains, the temperature begins to drop down, but the air becomes damp and humid. The increased moisture levels make babies more vulnerable to skin problems and diaper rashes. A diaper rash is troublesome and takes more time to heal in monsoons due to increased humidity. There are some simple measures that you can take to protect your baby from diaper rashes in monsoons.
- Buy baby diapers that are the superior quality with excellent absorbency that will keep the baby's skin clean. Diapers for babies soak the liquid to the last layers to keep the top sheet fresh. This way, the baby's skin remains dry even after 4-5 hours of use. If the diaper leaves the baby's bottom damp, it isn't that effective for soaking the liquid. Go through the various diaper brands online, only after trying a few choose the best diaper brand for your baby. The price of baby diapers is justified if it keeps your baby comfortable and moist free for hours, thereby preventing rashes and discomfort.
- It is essential to change the diaper frequently in monsoons as the already high humidity makes the baby more susceptible to rashes. Check the diaper every four hours for a change. If the diaper is soiled, change immediately.
- To prevent excessive sweating, keep the room temperature cool. Especially, check your baby at night. If the baby is hot and sweating, reduce the cooling and dress the baby lightly. It's essential to cover the baby's arms and legs to guard the baby against mosquito bites. Do not cover your baby with a blanket; use soft cotton sheet only if needed.
- Urine can disturb the pH balance and cause irritation to your baby's skin. When changing diapers wash the baby's bottom with warm water and pat dry with a towel. When traveling, carry baby wipes to clean the baby when changing diapers. Buy baby wipes online that are gentle on your baby's sensitive skin. Opt for fragrance-free baby wipes.
- Dress your baby in cotton clothes. Altogether avoid synthetic material as it blocks air flow, causes increased sweating and skin chaffing too.
- Use the right diaper size. If the diaper is tight, it will completely prevent air flow, making it damp, thereby increasing chances of rashes. If the size is too big, it will result in leakages and cause irritation to the baby
- Massage your baby with coconut oil. Coconut has antifungal properties. Applying coconut oil on the baby's bottom helps to keep the skin healthy and irritation free. Best to use before bath time, and leave the baby diaper free. Give the baby a warm bath to remove the excess oil of the skin.
Post each diaper change, parents should remember washing the bottoms of baby with warm water. Instead of using soap, mothers can use fresh cotton balls or a warm towel to soothe the skin. Using a tub is recommended for cleaning the baby comfortably. Doing this each time will aid in the prevention of rashes. The above steps will help you to keep the baby free of rashes during the hot and humid days. If your baby still develops a rash, remember it is very common in babies. The rash takes a couple of days to go, till then use a diaper rash cream as recommended to you by the pediatrician, every time you change the baby's diaper.
Created on Jul 22nd 2019 02:22. Viewed 470 times.