Full Cage Colocation in India – Everything you wanted to Know!by Kanwar Preet Kaur Digital Marketing Executive
These cages are built as per the specific infrastructural needs of different companies regarding specific power and space. The colocation cages are “built to suit” as per specific requirements of businesses, thereby providing them enough flexibility for growth within a secured space. In fact, these collocation cages help businesses to collocate by avoiding their own data center environment.
Shared or Private Full Cage Colocation
These cages are built from mesh steel and have a solid concrete floor base. If a business needs, the service providers of full cage colocation in India can also provide entrance gate having a biometrically controlled system. These cages come with an inside clearing of a minimum 800mm. The fifth layer of physical security can also be added in the customized cages so that businesses can provide an additional security level. This added security level doesn’t come in the way of airflow design. These collocation cages are most commonly used for cloud infrastructure (public or private), industrial design process HPC, big data computation, and storage.
What are the Most Common Features found in Colocation Cages?
Most common features that are present on these cages are “Build to Suit” cages, redundant/diverse network uplinks, and many more. Users also get access to these feeds that are not only relevant but also real-time in nature. It is important to note that Smart Hands as well as BMS (Building Management System) help in accessing these data feeds. Businesses can also get access to different volts. While one is 110 volts, the other is 208 volts. The configuration of 110 volts is 20amp, 30amp, and 40amp. In case of the 208 volts, the configuration is 20amp, 30amp, 40amp, 50amp, and 60amp.
The businesses can expect the following aspects from a full cage collocation in India –
- Ample flexibility in terms of configuration
- Security is enhanced exponentially
- Airflow is controlled so that the hosting machines remain aerated all the time
- A wide array of designs are available, making it fit any size
- Businesses can choose from different cage designs
- In accordance with the specifications, customized layouts are also available
- A business entity can also choose from optional customized security arrangements such as a keypad, biometrics, special locks and many more
- Full cage collocation services generally come with mesh walls, ladder racks, locking doors, and others
- There are shared cage mesh areas – open as well as closed
- The customized collocation services come with permission for workstations as well as storage cabinets
- Users will get options for power increment
- Delivery is done either through underfloor conduit or overhead cable trays
The enhancements and security features available for full cage colocation include –
- Multi-factor authentication facility
- Motion censored cameras
- Scalability at a very fast pace
- Customized security options
- Redundant power infrastructure, and many more
Do you really need Cage Colocation Facility?
There are many businesses that need full cage colocation in India. These businesses generally look for meeting national or global compliance, ultra security level, not frequently changed set-up, and many more. The full cage collocation facilities can be customized in accordance with the needs of businesses.
facility is generally needed by those businesses that are not getting ROI from
their in-house hosting facility but also don’t want to move to tier 3 data centers (either in
a less secure shared data center hosting environment or more expensive dedicated
Created on Oct 31st 2018 02:41. Viewed 837 times.