For allergies, physicians at urgent care VA offer expert careby Patrick Ward Walk in Urgent Care Clinic
Allergies are immune responses caused by harmful substances called allergens.
Some common allergens are pollen, mold, latex, etc. Some people are allergic to pet dander too and some are allergic to certain food items such as nuts, milk, wheat, soy, etc.
People with allergies have sensitive immune systems which are triggered off when they come in contact with these allergens. The following are some common reactions these people exhibit:
- Runny eyes and nose
- Stuffy nose
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lightheadedness or fainting
For allergies, it is a good idea to get in touch with physicians at urgent care VA so that they can keep a check on you and prescribe medication to keep the allergies under control.
Types of treatments
Just as there are different types of allergies, there are several different types of treatments.
Very obviously the best way to avoid allergies is to steer clear of allergens but that is not possible all the time.
Here are some of the ways you can deal with allergies:
- Taking allergy shots – if your allergy is particularly severe, you can go for allergy shots which typically contain very small amounts of the allergens you are susceptible to. It is believed that this will help you strengthen your immune system to fight the allergy better.
- Taking antihistamines – available in the form of nasal sprays, liquids, etc., these help prevent runny nose, itching, and other similar symptoms, thus giving the user much-needed relief.
- Taking decongestants – these are available in the form of nasal sprays, pills, etc. to deal with nasal swelling that’s caused by certain allergies. Experts at physician offices in Alexandria VA say that prolonged use of these may cause severe nasal obstruction and so one should be careful with their usage.
- Taking anti-inflammatory agents – most commonly available as nasal sprays, these are used to reduce sneezing and nasal congestion.
Measures of prevention
While it is good to know about the various methods one can follow to deal with an allergic reaction, you should also know how to prevent an allergy.
Here are a few ways which will help you manage your allergies better.
If you are allergic to pollen, you should try and avoid venturing out in the early morning, say from 5 to 10 am. Also, you should participate in outdoor work or activities in the late afternoon when pollen levels are lower. You should also keep your windows closed and use the AC for cooling instead of ceiling fans.
If your allergies are severe, always wear a medical bracelet and carry an Epi-Pen.
Keep a watch on what you are eating or drinking by checking all the ingredients carefully if you are allergic to certain food items. You should review the product labels with an eagle eye to avoid reacting negatively post consumption.
With just a little extra care, you can live a long and healthy life without many instances of allergic reactions. You can also get in touch with the experts at xpresscarenow.com for further information on this topic.
Created on Aug 29th 2022 03:51. Viewed 60 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.