Digitized Tenant Screening Services For Instant And Accurate Tenant Databy Eva Taylor Consultant
As the name suggests, tenant screening services are focused on evaluating whether a particular potential tenant should be given an apartment or a house on rent or not. Their job is to primarily find out if the probable tenant who has applied for tenancy is worthy of being taken as a tenant or is there any issues or risks associated with giving him the property on rent. They are also called consumer reporting agencies, and their services are majorly used by house owners or property management companies or real estate agents who either are giving up their property on rent or are acting as a middleman in the process.
Features of the best tenant screening services typically are –
• Use latest and automated technology to enable online viewing of the report of the tenant and conduct relevant searches.
• Dedicated relationship managers who will handle all relevant queries of the landlord or the realtors.
• Affordable pricing.
• Certified screeners on the team.
• Are flexible in their operations and offer different packages to choose from.
• Proper reporting structure that concentrates on crucial data of the tenant as well as additional information that the landlord or the realtor might ask for.
Some crucial information that tenant screening services are supposed to investigate and report to the house owner or the real estate guy includes –
1. The credit history of the applicant - The best screening services will provide comprehensive information related to the tenant credit check, credit rating, and payment histories of installments, credit inquiries, whether there had been any tax liens and bankruptcies cases against him, etc.
2. Criminal reports – if at any point in time there has been a criminal suit against the applicant or is there any legal case pending against him at present.
3. Annual income reports of the tenant so that the risk of getting delayed rental payments and other such hurdles can be avoided. Along with the details of past and present employers, these reports also point at different sources of income of the applicant.
4. Eviction related reports to avoid eviction related risks and costs in the future. Such reports will cover details of evictions filed against the person in the past and the present.
Reliable and leading tenant screening service provide factual reports where the data is extracted from states as well as the national databases. Also, the advantage of using an online screener service is that the data is available 24x7 and can be checked and verified at any given point in time.
Even after the report, it is essential that the landlord or the real estate agency ask these following tenant screening questions as an extra layer of security –
a. The reasons why the tenant wants to shift out of his current residence address.
b. What is his monthly income so that the owner is sure that he would be able to afford to pay the rent month-on-month basis?
c. How many people will stay in the apartment or the house?
d. When can he pay up the security deposit?
e. References of his current employer and even the former landlord if he was staying on rent earlier.
Created on Feb 11th 2019 00:34. Viewed 417 times.