Convert MBOX Files into Outlook PST on Mac Platformby Stephan Renald Technical Blogger, SEO Executive
Find the Right way to Migrate all your MBOX files to Outlook on the Mac platform. A Mac MBOX conversion guide, and much more.
Every email client user has heard at least once about MBOX Files. Without it, more than half of the current desktop clients will crumble. After all, it is the most popular email database file in use today. Originated from Linux, MBOX file is now used by email applications of multiple Operating systems like Windows & Mac.
Sometimes, users have a need to convert the MBOX files into PST so that they can access the MBOX emails in Outlook. But unfortunately, there are no direct methods to do this. Third-Party software is a good way to import MBOX file to Outlook, but Mac users often feel left out as 90% of developed tools are for Windows OS.
Any Manual Method to Convert MBOX Files to Outlook on Mac?
There is a manual method available that you will find all across the web. It goes like this:
- Import the MBOX files (of any type) in Apple Mail
- Then, export the data from Apple Mail as .mbox file
- Rename it to .mbx and create the mailbox in Eudora
- Import the MBOX data from Eudora to Outlook Express
- Then import the data again. This time from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
The process is very lengthy and time-consuming. However, if you still want to know the steps in details, you can read it here: https://www.freeviewer.org/blog/manually-convert-mbox-to-pst/
Important: This process is an outdated one. You will require the old versions of Eudora i.e., 7.0 and below. Other than this, the complete process takes a fair amount of time and effort to complete. You will need to be technically sound to be able to resolve any error that may come during the data migration. And worst of all, a single mistake could lead to loss of complete MBOX data.
An Alternative - Mac MBOX Conversion Tool
In this day and age of technology, the unavailability of quality software for Mac is unthinkable. That's why we bring you a dedicated software to convert Mac MBOX to PST files. It is available solely for Mac users and has the capability to carry out bulk conversion without any problems.
Although it is a Mac-oriented tool, it is, by no means, only affiliated to Mac Mail. It supports all kinds of MBOX, MBX, MBS files, be it from Windows, Mac or Linux.
Following is the list of email clients that this conversion software supports:
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Apple Mail
- Spicebird and many more.
- The Bat!
- Gmail takeout MBOX
Several of these email clients are associated with both Windows and Mac. And the tool supports all of them without any complications.
Features of Mac MBOX Converter
Some of the extravagant features of the tool are:
- A total of 6 different Export formats: PST, PDF, EML, MSG, EMLX, HTML.
- Dual Scan options: Add File (Single), Add Folder(in bulk).
- Naming convention and Date filters for customized Mac MBOX conversion.
- Options to split file, merge files when exporting to PST format.
- Convert to PDF with options: Page margins, orientation, add page numbers, etc.
- Maintain email attributes, header information and avoid data loss.
- Fast conversion rate on all Mac platforms above Mac OS X 10.10
Brief Steps to Convert MBOX Files into Outlook PST on Mac Platform
The steps to perform conversion directly on the Mac machine is as follows:
- Download & Run MacWareTools MBOX Converter.
- Add single/ bulk MBOX files using Add File/Folder option.
- Apply Advance Settings & Set date filters accordingly
- Choose PST as the export type and hit Export button.
This is how you convert the MBOX files into Outlook PST on Mac OS.
For more information, visit the official website: https://macwaretools.com/converter/mbox.html
MacWareTools MBOX Converter for Mac is the right solution to convert MBOX files into Outlook PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSG and HTML directly on the Mac platform. It supports Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14.
Do try the free demo version of the software before purchasing it. The safe download link is available at the official website.
Created on Jul 6th 2019 07:32. Viewed 469 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.