Commercial Building HVAC Systems: Everything You Wanted To Knowby Rajat S G. Be Professional
Short for Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, HVAC systems are an integral part of commercial buildings. HVAC systems regulate the indoor environment by controlling the three primary constituents – temperature, air quality and humidity. HVAC systems are necessary for providing a comfortable environment to people and also to protect and prolong the life of equipment being used in a commercial building. For better understanding, here's a quick overview of everything you wanted to know about commercial building HVAC systems.
Primary functions of HVAC systems
- Heating: This is achieved through specialized radiators and air vents.
- Ventilation:Industrial scale heavy-duty fans are used to suck out stale air and pollutants and supply fresh air through large filtration units.
- Air conditioning: Using water-cooled or air-cooled units, HVAC systems reduce the indoor temperature to comfortable levels. They also regulate humidity levels inside the building.
Exact requirements for temperature and humidity may vary from region to region. However, in most cases, HVAC systems are configured to achieve indoor temperature of around 24° Celsius, relative humidity in the range of 40-60% and carbon-di-oxide (CO2) levels of less than 1,000 ppm.
Types of HVAC systems
Commercial building HVAC systems can be broadly classified into three distinct categories, as described below.
- Centralized: Most large buildings have centralized HVAC systems. These are preplanned as per the architectural design of the building. Centralized HVAC systems function as consolidated units and rely on a network of ducts to supply air. These are usually water cooled, can be remotely operated and come with high load bearing capacity.
- Packaged: These are systems that contain all the various components such as heating, cooling and ventilation in a single unit. Packaged HVAC systems are preferred for buildings that may lack adequate space for installing the various componentsseparately.
- Individual: These cater to heating, cooling and ventilation needs of a specific area within the building. Individual HVAC systems function as decentralized units and several of these are installed at various locations within the building.
Upkeep and maintenance
HVAC systems need to be serviced at regular intervals to ensure that they can function without any breakdown. HVAC system cleaning is also necessary to improve air quality and reduce energy bills. HVAC systems can be huge energy guzzlers and create health risks if not maintained properly. Professional cleaning services Dubai can be very useful in keeping your HVAC system running optimally. While there are a number of air duct cleaning companies, you need to choose an AC duct cleaning service provider who has certified professionals and relevantexperience in this field. You should ensure that HVAC system cleaning is done only by trained and skilled professionals.
Present day HVAC systems are fully automated and can function independently with minimal human involvement. Powered by advanced sensors, these can detect anomalies and risks in a proactive manner. Alerts and notifications could be issued accordingly to inform the concerned personnel.
Created on Oct 31st 2019 06:12. Viewed 224 times.