CASE STUDY OF SWIGGYby PRAKASH UPRETI SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER/ CONTENT
Swiggy is a food ordering and delivery company based out of Bangalore, India. Swiggy was inspired by the thought of providing a complete food ordering and delivery solution from the best neighborhood restaurants to the urban foodie. A single window for ordering from a wide range of restaurants, we have our own exclusive fleet of delivery personnel to pick up orders from restaurants and deliver it to customers . Having our own fleet gives us the flexibility to offer customers a no minimum order policy on any restaurant and accept online payments for all partner restaurants that we work with. Our delivery personnel carry one order at a time which ensures we get reliable and fast deliveries."
· Swiggy is food delivering company based in Bangalore
· It provides a single window for ordering from a wide range of restaurents and have their own exclusive fleett of delivery personel pick up orders from restaurents and deliver it to customers.
· It is a complete food ordering and delivery solution that connects neigh borhood restaurents with urbon foodies.
· Swiggy was founded by Nandan Reddy, Sriharsha Majety, and rahul Jaimini in August 2014.
· Nandan Reddy(29) and Sriharsha Majety(31) both are alumi of Birla Institute Of Technology and Science(BITS) Pilani while Rahul Jaimini(31)is an alumini of IIT Kharagpur.
· N.reddy and S.majety in 2013,started their first venture named Bundl a logistic aggregator that connect small and medium companies to courier service provider .
· They run Bundl company almost one year.
· In August 2014,the duo rolled out the online food ordering and delivery startup Swiggy,along with Rahul jaimini.
· Swiggy begin its journey Bengluru with six delivery executives and 25 restaurents on its platforms.
· In the time of three years it has scaled up with over 6,000 delivery exceutives across India and more than that 8 cities like Delhi-Ncr, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, chennai, kolkata and Pune.
· Swiggy business Model: (1). The major part of Swiggy’s revenue from commission it collect from restaurants for lead generation and for serving as a delivery partner.
· (2). Swiggy charges a nominal delivery fee from customers order below a threshold value which 200 rupees for most cities.
· Swiggy funding: Swiggy backed by one of the best best investors available in the market. It has raised a total of 75.5 million dollars in funding from various investors like Bessemer Venture, Norwest Venture etc.
· Swiggy marketing strategies: It consists both online and off line marketing campaigns. It promotes its campaigns via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pint re.
· Swiggy plans to hire over 12,000 delivery executives by end of the year.
· Swiggy promises to delivery food in about 35 minutes .
· The delivery executives smart phones an an app powered by an algorithm for an efficient way of delivering food . Consumers can also discover popular restaurants and track their food orders in real time.
IIT-KGP alumnus and chief technical officer,
IIM Calcutta & BITS Pilani alumnus, with a vision to revolutionize the restaurant industry in India, by familiarizing the general public with the comfort of home-delivered food.
MSc Physics (Hons.) from BITS Pilani with a penchant for great food and operational efficiency.
One of the main reasons for their success is their business model. Swiggy has its own set of delivery executives who are equipped with a smart phone and a Swiggy app which thereby helps the user to track their delivery through map integration. Swiggy doesn’t have minimum order policy, which makes it more affordable for users apart from that they charge a delivery fee.
DM: In this world of startups, Swiggy has turned out to be one of the most formidable and successful startups. May it be Swiggy’s marketing strategy or social media marketing, Swiggy has been proving its market presence. Let’s learn more about Swiggy as a company and it’s digital marketing strategies done by the company and as suggested by Devesh Shah in his presentation on Digital Marketing Strategy for Swiggy.
SEO is an integral component of every digital marketing strategy. It helps improve your search engine rankings on the search engine results pages (SERP’s). For a brand to rank organically high, it is important to perform a good SEO strategy. A good SEO strategy involves satisfying important attributes like the header tags, meta tags, backlinks, keywords and social media integration.
On performing an SEO analysis for Swiggy, two major issues were discovered.
The website of the brand at all. H2 tags are an important way of communicating to the search engines what the pages of your website are about.
Also, the number of for the brand’s website . Having a good amount of quality backlinks defines domain’s credibility and improves ranking.
Thus, the brand’s website should inculcate H2 tags and quality backlinks to its website for a great overall SEO performance.
In just 4 years, Swiggy has become a very reputed brand. And that’s not just because of their exceptional service but also because of their excellent social media marketing strategies. Delivery services and social media strategies have gone hand in hand for company’s reputation.
On Facebook, has and . FoodPanda & Zomato which are Swiggy’s biggest competitors have a whopping whereas comparatively have a mere .
Every Digital Marketing strategy is incomplete without . Every brand practising digital marketing should invest in both Social Media Marketing Ads & Google Ads.
Over these years, Swiggy has grown as a brand. It has given a tough competition to other counterparts due to its online presence. Swiggy has been way active on YouTube and the digital marketing team has utilized the platform brilliantly by showcasing the 7-second video to its viewers.
Created on Feb 26th 2018 00:06. Viewed 1,788 times.